Anyone ever had GHD's not turn on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautiqueHair

Reaction score
Quick question to you all.

My GHD's packed up this morning, and, now they wont turn on, the light wont come on, and they also dont beep or heat up.

Anyone ever had this problem?

If so, how did you fix it?

Its out of the warranty by just 3 months, and I have checked the fuse, and that is fine...

Thank you :)

Mine did exactly the same :( just one day wouldn't work or turn on! I ended up having to buy a new pair xx

This happened to my own personal ones-it was the heating element that had bust I think....

There's a few companies out there who repair GHDs-rather than buying a new pair-and I got a warranty with my repair.

When ghd changed their styler shape from square to more rounded barrels they have had problems as the moved from Korea manufacturing to china!!

Cloud 9 are designed by the people who did ghd the first time round all those moons ago and they have gone back to the factory in Korea!! So you can be assured they are sturdy and will last! Unlike ghd's!

This happened to mine!

Bought a new cable off ebay and watched a vid on you tube on how to replace it and it sorted the problem :D

oh i use to love my GHD's but we had mega problems so we went over to Ice Diamond Straightners about 3 years ago now and they are based on the most popular of GHD's the model No4 and we have never ever had a faulty pair and the cost are unreal under £50 inc Vat and the customers love them, we get them from our local distributor and they come in Black pink or purple, well worth it .

Send them back to Ghd it's free postage and packaging, they sometimes charge u to fix them and sometimes they don't, we've sent several pairs back for clients and it all depends what mood there in if they charge or not lol xxx

It happened to me whrn i had left em in car overnight....a few hrs in a warm room they worked again!! i was very lucky:)

Mine did this as well, I ended up selling on ebay and got £30 for them, this was even with me stating that they weren't working! So I just put that towards a new pair, kind of wish I'd known how good cloud 9 and diva were before I bought more ghds though :rolleyes:

Iv had this a couple of times when I left them in my car overnight and they get really cold, once they adjusted to the room temperature they worked again. When they go I'll be jumping ship to Cloud 9 too.

Iv had this a couple of times when I left them in my car overnight and they get really cold, once they adjusted to the room temperature they worked again. When they go I'll be jumping ship to Cloud 9 too.

me too, mine are still tempermentle though and if i unplug them they take a few minutes to turn back on, otherwise they work every time weirdly??
ive had them fixed once already at a local electric shop, was £25 and they give you a years guarantee so will do that again

Latest posts

Back