Anyone going to have a flutter on the Grand National?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
This is perhaps the one and only time of the year I have a gamble on the horses, but I always feel uncomfortable about walking in, do you? Why do betting shops have a reputation of being full of old men and the dirty mack brigade?

Anyhow, as it's anyone's race, if I put money on our front-half/back-half horse from Adele's fabulous Xmas Panto, it will probably come in first!

BTW, if I do manage to pick a winner, the first round of drinks is on me!!!

I dont even know how u bet!! lol.

I dont play the lottery or anything like that, so betting / gamblings not something that appeals to me!

not even if i knew where to start!! hehe.

feel free to share your winnings tho! :lol:

My dad usually puts a bet on the grand national for me! Only a quid though!! I definatly wouldn't feel comfortable going in to the bookies, they should make them more woman friendly!!:green:

nah, they know us women aint daft enough to waste all our hard earned cash on gambling. We'd rather have a nice pair of shoes, that way its a definate winner!! lol.

I do have a flutter only on this race! Mind you, I haven't a clue what to do in a betting shop, I have to ask one of the men in a dirty mack to help me fill in the betting slip! It's another language to me!:lol: Why is it so that the men look at you like you have 2 heads when entering a betting shop??:Grope:

I did win last year, something todo with £5 'each way'??? I returned to the betting shop & gave my slip to the woman behind counter and asked her to check it! Good job I did eh? walked out with £68!:green:

If I get time or a client offers to take my bet in, I will pick a few horses and do the same...£5 each way! (like I know what im talking about):rolleyes: :p :lol:

Already done my bets online last week.

Its the only time i bet on the horses and it was my dear old grandad (god rest his soul) that got me hooked using the closed eye and pen method of picking lol

That i might add carried on and its the way my lads pick their horses now.

I dont mind going into a bookies, i have as much right to be there as any man and dont let the stares scare me off lol

Fingers crosses i get a winner from the 3 ive picked :green:

Already done my bets online last week.

Its the only time i bet on the horses and it was my dear old grandad (god rest his soul) that got me hooked using the closed eye and pen method of picking lol

That i might add carried on and its the way my lads pick their horses now.

I dont mind going into a bookies, i have as much right to be there as any man and dont let the stares scare me off lol

Fingers crosses i get a winner from the 3 ive picked :green:
PIPS....ONLINE??? Whats the web addy please?

Cheryl it was on the mecca bingo site where there was a link to have a flutter on the national so of course i didnt need an excuse lol

I think if any of my horses are placed my winnings go back in to my account with mecca.

Blue square, william hill and other betting establishments all have online facilities now to place bets etc, hth

Cheryl it was on the mecca bingo site where there was a link to have a flutter on the national so of course i didnt need an excuse lol

I think if any of my horses are placed my winnings go back in to my account with mecca.

Blue square, william hill and other betting establishments all have online facilities now to place bets etc, hth
Thanks Pips! Will try it now.:)

we're doing a sweep-stake in the salon, £1 a go, using the cut out kit you get in the paper. I will have a bet too though, I picked the winner of the Irish national last monday so let's hope I can do it tomorrow too!

OMG when is the Grand National....is it tomorrow? We always bet on it, the kids pick by colours and names...not form and we have always done well (especially when the 500/1 shots get a place) putting on an each way bet!

I go onto william hill online for the national and gold cup bets. Its really easy! I pick a couple at random and do £2 each way. I never win, but it makes watching more intersting :green:

We bet yesterday on a horse for each of us (the same one for the twins) and lost the money :green:

We chose Le Duc for Cadence because she's loving Ducks right now... although I didn't hear that horse mentioned... or Cloudy Bays (my choice).. the whole race.. :)

I won two years ago though, my first time!

I won £46 on the national yesterday!! I bet £5 each way on slim pickings and it came 3rd! Result!!! Just thought I would share that with anybody who will listen as i have never won anything before!:green:

I won £46 on the national yesterday!! I bet £5 each way on slim pickings and it came 3rd! Result!!! Just thought I would share that with anybody who will listen as i have never won anything before!:green:
In that case, littlepinkfairy, the drinks are on you!

The two horses I picked (Joe's Edge and Hedgehunter) failed to get a placing ... oh well, there's always next year I suppose :irked:

Guess what? I never had time to have a bet as I had clients, it obviously wasn't meant to be for me!!

Well done to anyone who had a win!

Teri x:hug:

I didn't back the winner and i ride race horses last years winner is train at the yard next to where i ride out. and didn't back him either. Maybe one year i will pick the winner :)

I bet £4 each way on Simon. He was in second place with about 5 fences to go, (which would have netted me some money) then he fell which obviously didn't net me a thing!:cry:

I won a hundred quid in the pub sweep and thirty quid at the bookies, which very kindly paid out on fifth place.:green:

My hubby had first, second and third last year and the year before!!

What do you all fancy to drink? :lol:

My brother is an ex jockey,we used to have a weekly flutter but let's just say with inside information i never put any money on the horses or even the dogs for that matter :!:

Latest posts

Back