Anyone got Broadband without a landline?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
So sick and tired of my home phone. For months now the only callers have been PPI/sales calls etc.

I could cheerfully get rid of it except I'm not sure I can if I want broadband? (We're with BT at the mo paying about £50 a month. )

Has anyone got rid of their home phone? Is there a way you can get broadband without 3G obv? If so who did you go with?

I got rid of my home phone a few years ago when trying to reduce my outgoings. I eventually had to concede that the kids needed Broadband for homework (and obviously FaceTime) [emoji33] and had to have the line reinstated. However, I have no idea what the number is and have never plugged a phone in so I don't get those nuisance calls.

I think you can change your supplier for Broadband. I went with Sky as they had half price for 6 months at the time. I think I pay about £20 per month now. Check with MoneySavingExpert as thee are always deals on that, especially if you pay a year upfront.

I think you can pay extra through your mobile provider to get a dongle for Internet connection.
But for the nuisance calls have you registered with TPS? Within 24 hours of registering virtually all annoying calls stopped and now we rarely get any at all.

Don't think you can have broadband without a landline. You can have a landline that you get as part of a package with minimum cost but the two are linked - as far as I know. Simply because if I ever call they ask for the number that the broadband is on x

Sure you can have virgin fibre broadband without a land line

Sure you can have virgin fibre broadband without a land line
Thank you!

Just checked tho and it's not in my area aaargh

You can get broadband without a landline now. But take a look at mifi. We've got one from EE and the speeds on it are so much faster!

MiFi is mobile broadband the mobile phone shops do.

Just unplug you phone. I'm fed up of sales calls so I just got rid of my landline and everyone had my mobile number anyway so they just ring that or text instead.

I had extra fast broadband with no landline from Virgin. It was great, unfortunately I've moved and can't get it in my new place [emoji24] X

I could just unplug lol you're right!

Would like to make a saving ideally if I'm not having the service though otherwise it's £50 a month just for the Internet which sounds a lot

I have broadband and a landline although same as above, I have not had the phone plugged in for a long time and could not tell you the number. I am with sky and called them to basically say that I felt I was wasting my money as I do not use the phone so they gave me the most basic package which costs less than £20 per month.

I have broadband and a landline although same as above, I have not had the phone plugged in for a long time and could not tell you the number. I am with sky and called them to basically say that I felt I was wasting my money as I do not use the phone so they gave me the most basic package which costs less than £20 per month.

Thank you, I'm liking the sound of that a lot!! Will ring tomorrow x

I've got satellite broadband as there's no physical landline here, too rural. We have a small square satellite dish on the side of the house.
However, we do have a 'landline' type local phone number so I suppose it works like a mobile phone.
Downside is, it's very very slow compared to our old BT broadband back in the UK.

Best thing is that we never get any telesales calls and absolutely no junk mail here.

As if by magic this week Virgin media have put cable in my street which I'm told will allow you to have broadband without a homephone

Anyone with them and are they ok? BT your days are so numbered ...

Used to be with virign before i moved and they were great. Am with sky currently but virgin is in where i currently live and can offer me a better deal so when my contract comes to an end with sky i may well switch.

I donr have a landline in the home, just the wifi box in the port. Just take out the home phone and leave the wifi box in.

As if by magic this week Virgin media have put cable in my street which I'm told will allow you to have broadband without a homephone

Anyone with them and are they ok? BT your days are so numbered ...

Virgin are ok, but had them with landline & broadband and never plugged the phone in otherwise couldnt get broadband installed. Just check some things as they have hidden charges and don't tell you. (they added on a £25 charge without telling me to send out the wifi box and didnt even come to set it up) & They kept putting the price up every year too.

I've got a landline, I need it... Or more my teen son needs it lol. But I have no phone plugged in.

You can register your number with the Telephone preference service. It's free. But does take about 3 months for it to circulate the system.

Virgin media you don't need a phone line for internet. It was cheaper for me to get a package but I have never ever plugged a phone in to it xx

Yeah i have virgin broadband without landline. You can also try.

Latest posts

Back