Anyone had a 24 hour ECG?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchanting Beauty

Reaction score
Hi all.
Just need a bit of advice from anyone who may have had to wear a ECG monitor for 24hours.
I'm having to have one fitted next week (Monday), & just wondering if should be able to work as normal? All my clients are fairly easy treatments for those 24 hours except for one who is having body massage after climbing 2 flights of stairs with my couch! Will probably send my heart rate off the scale but should it be ok?
Don't see the point in asking the doctor about it. Does it make a noise too? Wouldn't be too relaxing if it does!
X

Heya, I've had quite a few different lengths of ECGs and honestly it is absolutely nothing to worry about. I went shopping, cooked etc. It doesn't make any noise at all and you can only see the pads on your chest if you have a slightly low top. They'll give you a form/diary to fill in when you think your having a palpitation and you'll have to write your activity and time, so try to stick by a clock/phone if possible. You can do everything apart from things involving water lol. One of mine was 5 days and I took it off to shower then quickly back on again and wrote it on the diary they give you, and they can tell that's what you've done. Only tip I have is I am allergic to the sticky pads they use and have a itchy rash for weeks after, if you start getting really itchy early on, phone them and they'll give you different pads. I suffered in silence and was in hell for weeks. But it's rare to react. Do your normal tasks and it'll fly by.

I've had one, all I had to do was wear a loose fitting top, and make sure you have somewhere to tuck the pack. It fell out of my top in the middle of a restaurant haha. Otherwise you wouldn't know you've got it!xx

I've had a few clients had to cancel a few times because they can't be around electrical things?! Because of the ECG not just that they're odd?!

I worked as usual when I had my 7-day one (but I do nails :) ) so not strenuous at all, but I made a point of doing lots of uphill walking as that's what gave me the ectopic beats so I needed to get some of those on the monitor! Just unclipped easily for showering etc, honestly it was no bother at all x

Did you have it fitted? How did it go? Xx

Latest posts

Back