Anyone had a play with the new Shellac colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a few I have done over the last couple of days x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348697112.484166.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348697112.484166.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 497
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348697132.105015.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348697132.105015.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 419
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348697153.294626.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348697153.294626.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 3,072
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348697164.230852.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348697164.230852.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 365
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348697178.594066.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348697178.594066.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,610
what colours have you used? love the owl is that sugared spice?

Yes Sugared Spice, his name is Ollie =D

Vexed Violet for the base on the others and midnight swim for the polka dots and half moon x

I have to say, I am a massive fan of Pretty Poison! A lot more than I thought I would be.

Oh how did you manage to stamp using shellac? Mine always seem too thin! :-( xxx

I stamp with konad or barry m between the colour and top coat of shellac.

I need tips on stamping them....lol.... mine NEVER work out, im try to work fast but it just doesnt happen :sad:

I need tips on stamping them....lol.... mine NEVER work out, im try to work fast but it just doesnt happen :sad:

I do it differently to everyone else and completely finish my Shellac, wipe off sticky layer off top coat, then stamp, then add another Shellac top coat. Lasts the same as stamping direct onto shellac colour but this way any mistakes can be wiped off easily without affecting your Shellac and you can remove and re stamp until perfect. Sooooo much easier :wink2:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

My new colours arrived this morning so had a play. I did two pops of each shade and added additives to one. Really love the new shades.
new colours 1.jpg

new colours 2.jpg

I do it differently to everyone else and completely finish my Shellac, wipe off sticky layer off top coat, then stamp, then add another Shellac top coat. Lasts the same as stamping direct onto shellac colour but this way any mistakes can be wiped off easily without affecting your Shellac and you can remove and re stamp until perfect. Sooooo much easier :wink2:

I do it this way too, I'm to scared to do it directly on colour coat before top coat. Xx

xxx

I do the same! Makes life easier! But shellac is always too light with only one layer to show up? And I don't think I like the idea of trying to do one on top of the other? I'd never get them in the right place again!! Xx

I do the same! Makes life easier! But shellac is always too light with only one layer to show up? And I don't think I like the idea of trying to do one on top of the other? I'd never get them in the right place again!! Xx

I don't understand what you mean? But then I'm having one of those easily confused days....

I use the konad polishes for stamping rather than shellac (although i've found a couple of the shellac colours to be ok).

I often do this on mine as I have time to do one hand at a time shellac then usually next day I find time to do both hands with konad but sometimes I've got one hand with patterns on and haven't got time to do the other til a couple of days later lol!

I don't understand what you mean? But then I'm having one of those easily confused days....

How to explain it? Hmmm, like I find some shellac colours to see through as such; they don't stand out much on the nails? Xxx

How to explain it? Hmmm, like I find some shellac colours to see through as such; they don't stand out much on the nails? Xxx

I understand hun- you mean you aren't getting good results stamping with Shellac as one layer is too sheer, and you can't stamp a second coat in exactly the same place?

It's for precisely this reason not very many of us use Shellac to stamp with- but use polish xx

Ah ok, I get you now, having one of those days, sorry!

Yes, Shellac doesn't stamp well at all. In fact I think only Iced Cappuccino is the only one that stamps well.

Most of us stamp with normal cheap polish brands such as Barry M or we use the Konad Special polishes. China glaze apparently stamp quite well too. It's trial and error but these are the most common ones that have good results.

HTH :hug:

Haha!! Yes I think I'll stick to my stamping colours!! :)

How ridiculously wonderful are the new colours! Almost didnt pick my son up from school when they were delivered yesterday lmao! I love all of them, had such a hard time deciding what to wear today. Opted in the end for midnight swim with blue holo glitter fade.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348824956.787903.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348824956.787903.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,374

Latest posts

Back