Anyone had a play with the new Shellac colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all - just a quick note on Nourishing Remover - we ARE supposed to have it by the end of this month (that is what we were told by CND) but I will post again tomorrow with an update from Kaire. Trust me if it had arrived we would have bought it to the show :mad:

I couldn't wait up last night (shouldn't be that tired on a Monday!) but ordered this morning at 630 and everything still in stock - phew! Now to wait for them to arrive. I've had red baroness on for 16 days but luckily it's still perfect as I'm not re-shellacing until I get the new colours.

I've ordered a few of the scentsation gift packs too. I'm pretty sure they'll sell but if not i'll split the packs and they'll make nice gifts for clients so I can't lose.

going to put my order in as soon as shop opens then hopefully a friend is going over to collect it for me as im stuck at work and she is free to go over and spend lol. Can wait my nails look so rough been waiting for new goodies to play with hehe.

going to put my order in as soon as shop opens then hopefully a friend is going over to collect it for me as im stuck at work and she is free to go over and spend lol. Can wait my nails look so rough been waiting for new goodies to play with hehe.

^^ can't wait!! ^^

You say some are fine some are not. Can you expand?
Some people's nails are not suited to Shellac
Some people ignore all aftercare advice
Some people wear their nails too long
Some people think it's indestructible.

Sounds to me like you've eliminated a lot of troubleshooting from your service-have you done the same with your clients??

Xx

Hi PixieB please can you help me more. What do you mean peoples nails are not suited. I know Shallac does not like thin cracked nails??? Do you know any more? I did not know the nails needed to be shorter nails. And can you elaborate on the after care. My friends nails are peeling the day after I do them. Some people I have done I have had no problems. Other people the next day its chipped or peeling. I have not started on "clients" yet cos of this problem and am now waisting money on just doing friends nails. I honestly want to cry. I just cant seem to get it right. Oh and what are your aftercare instructions. You might be doing something different to me. Thanks again for your time.

I'll pm you & point you to a few threads so we don't throw this thread off track Xx

You don't need to apply base coat with pops, no.

I get mine from ebay and have them on a large metal ring and I can then put them in my bag to whip out if nails ever come out in conversation. :biggrin:

Thanks for your reply👍
Didn't think you needed the base, ok will have a look on there then, guess you have the colour wheels? Thanks again 😊

I have used several methods of the pops and have settled on the fan type. My other half found me a large metal ring in a key ring style, so that I could add more or remove any. The larger the ring, the more pops you can put on.

I get the fan displays from ebay, there are loads on there and you can buy the amount you want. You can also name them using one of those labelling machines and sticking that onto the stick. I like the professional look it gives as my handwriting would make it look too messy after one or two!

I remove my tray from my CND lamp and get quite a nice amount of the pops in there to cure together.
I hope I have plenty left to get all the new colours and some layering on them today!

I have used several methods of the pops and have settled on the fan type. My other half found me a large metal ring in a key ring style, so that I could add more or remove any. The larger the ring, the more pops you can put on.

I get the fan displays from ebay, there are loads on there and you can buy the amount you want. You can also name them using one of those labelling machines and sticking that onto the stick. I like the professional look it gives as my handwriting would make it look too messy after one or two!

I remove my tray from my CND lamp and get quite a nice amount of the pops in there to cure together.
I hope I have plenty left to get all the new colours and some layering on them today!

what is the labelling machine? i have seen the labels that you mean and wondered how they were done! any idea where i can get one?

Anyone else wondering how they're going to get the new colours onto the Shellac swatch that came with the racks?! They look gorgeous, only 2 and a half hours to go... ;)

xxx

Yeah I'm wondering this too.

what is the labelling machine? i have seen the labels that you mean and wondered how they were done! any idea where i can get one?

They are made by Brother and you can buy them in office supplies type stores, like Staples. You simply type the word and print out the label then remove the backing and stick it on. Be warned though, most won't come with the size of tape you will require, which is 6mm, to save you from trimming it to size (it doesn't cut nicely). I have bought the 6mm tape from ebay and awaiting it's delivery.

Sorry, I am taking this thread off course. If anyone else needs any more info on these, drop me a pm. :)

i have split my scentsations up into little cellophane bags and a mini solar oil and tied with pretty ribbons!!

Loving the new colors, just posted on a previous thread, that layering 1 coat M&R ,1coat Vexed Violette, 1coat M&R gives the color No41 on color chart, :D Happy days

I love seeing new layering/colour combo's I'm eagerly awaiting pics from geeks showing off what the new colours can do??

Off to have a play even though I'm shattered! X

I have put some shellac with additives on the shellac colour chart that came with the new racks. It's easy. Take the base out as you would to shellac toes and pop the plastic colour chart in at an angle. It's worked fine for me HTH :)

I did fingers and toes in midnight swim today and I love it even more than #i thought I would! Client let me put silver glitter stars on her toes too! I'll try to upload a pic tomorrow.

Yes please Eva. X

I've posted a picture of mine I did yesterday in 'what nails are you sporting today' it's dark lava with vexed Violette over. Its gorgeous.

I've also posted in my colour chart thread about how I added my new colours onto my chart by painting the underneath so they match the rest

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

picture.php

midnight swim with sugared spice

Latest posts

Back