Anyone have any good tips for cramps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aromababy

Reaction score
I get the most awful menstrual cramps and I was wondering if any fellow geeks have any tried and tested methods for me to pinch?

I am trying to avoid pain killers where possible, have tried heat patches, hot water bottles, hot baths, walking, rocking my pelvis but none of them apart from pain killers seems to work.

Any thoughts? X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I get the most awful menstrual cramps and I was wondering if any fellow geeks have any tried and tested methods for me to pinch?

I am trying to avoid pain killers where possible, have tried heat patches, hot water bottles, hot baths, walking, rocking my pelvis but none of them apart from pain killers seems to work.

Any thoughts? X

Everything you have tried is what I would have suggested :( Although Feminax is a god send I never have to take it more than once per period.

My next suggestion is comfy clothes and chocolate because thats my go to on a bad month.

Hugs though just because xxxxx

Everything you have tried is what I would have suggested :( Although Feminax is a god send I never have to take it more than once per period.

My next suggestion is comfy clothes and chocolate because thats my go to on a bad month.

Hugs though just because xxxxx

Aw bless. Thanks hon. I am up for the chocolate idea, think I have some jaffa cakes downstairs nom nom xxx

Jaffa cakes will work and a nice hot drink. Hope you feel better soon xxxx

Funny you post this, I have terrible cramps at the mo. :(

A shot of whiskey...works every time.

OR, you could try menopause. :D

Honestly, as bad as my cramps were, I'd take them in a heartbeat over menopause.

Oh no you too? I'll repeat my chocolate remedy or even a hot drink

I made a cup of tea, but it went cold when I was hunting for my hot water bottle lol x

A shot of whiskey...works every time.

OR, you could try menopause. :D

Honestly, as bad as my cramps were, I'd take them in a heartbeat over menopause.

I don't fancy it either after seeing what my mum has been like.

I don't have any alcohol apart from some cheap sherry thats been there since xmas. Meh, its worth a try x

I don't fancy it either after seeing what my mum has been like.

I don't have any alcohol apart from some cheap sherry thats been there since xmas. Meh, its worth a try x

Feck it! Give it a shot alcohol has relieved me of crappy times :)

*side note* I'm dreading menopause, my normally sweet mother turned in to a fecking lunatic. I'm already slightly unhinged. menopause may see me in prison!

Feck it! Give it a shot alcohol has relieved me of crappy times :)

*side note* I'm dreading menopause, my normally sweet mother turned in to a fecking lunatic. I'm already slightly unhinged. menopause may see me in prison!

Have poured myself a big old glass of sherry, so it could get messy from here lol, I rarely drink x

Have poured myself a big old glass of sherry, so it could get messy from here lol, I rarely drink x

If it makes you feel better then who cares???? I've never been one to remind people of 'messy' nights, we all need that ,a break from the norm. :)

I took some codeine tablets.

Let the party begin!!!

If you have any kind of 'ladies personal vibration device :green:' often holding and moving it over the tummy in the ouchy places can help. Kind of like how cramps dont tend to hurt as much in the car etc cos of the vibration.

Failing that my electric blanket is my friend at cramps time. I sit in bed with it on and if its really ouhy lay on my stomach. Ok the rest of me sweats like hell, but I have pretty bad cramps so its worth it.

Also ive heard that 1-2kg of Dairy Milk per day can take cramps away. *this may not be approved medical advice :green:*

Hi ladies, much as I prefer the idea of chocolate and booze this is my way of dealing with it:
Menstrual cramps are basically a form of "stagnation" so getting everything moving is the way to help. Not just excercise etc but preferably vibrational movement or massage. The "old fashioned" G5 machine was the best but we dont all have those knocking around the house so those little mini massagers you can get from Argos etc are fab.
Failing that drink your sherry and eat your jaffa cakes whilst sitting on the washing machine during spin cycle!!

I just wanted to mention that sometimes cramps can be caused by too much blood in that area of your body, and ice can actually help more than heat!

That said, I had to go to the corner store for emergency chocolate rations!!

I know a few people who use buscopan to deal with period pains and say that it works really well.
I also use buscopan but for IBS cramps.
They are an anti spasmodic, rather than a painkiller.
Hope that helps x

Thanks ladies

If you have any kind of 'ladies personal vibration device :green:' often holding and moving it over the tummy in the ouchy places can help. Kind of like how cramps dont tend to hurt as much in the car etc cos of the vibration.

I broke mine hehe

Failing that my electric blanket is my friend at cramps time. I sit in bed with it on and if its really ouhy lay on my stomach. Ok the rest of me sweats like hell, but I have pretty bad cramps so its worth it.

I will try this idea, I think I have a lecci blanket somewhere, although if I make no posts tomorrow, you know it'll be "frying tonight!!!" Lol

Also ive heard that 1-2kg of Dairy Milk per day can take cramps away. *this may not be approved medical advice :green:*

I don't drink a lot of milk as it irritates my throat. X

Latest posts

Back