Anyone know any info on fish that eat dead/hard skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W33RBD

Reaction score
hey everyone, I am new to this so hope I am doing it right lol. Was just wondering does anyone know any details about the new craze of these fish that eat at the dead/hard skin on peoples feet? I have read a few pieces in magazines about them but have had no joy on finding anything else. I am from n.ireland and we are always last to get the lastest treatment on the market, so I am trying to chase this treatment up.

Thanks for reading this and for any info offered :D xo

I had this done on Friday, we have a local one just opened. It was a little weird, took me a little while to settle into it, it was good, a little over rated. I think you would need to have it regular to really notice the difference

Ive read quite a bit about this treatment its supposed to be a good advantage to people who suffer from psoriasis, cant say I know of anyone who actually offers this service though! xx

oh really? Was it expensive? I think it mite b one of those treatments that everyone wants to try once and then thats it. Thanks for the info :)

wee red xo

I agree, it cost me £15 for 20 minutes. I wouldnt rush back if im honest, its something i was excited to try.

I think its another one of those crazes.... vibro plates....floatation tanks... no sooner they are in they are out.

I wander how sustainable a business it is? I was chatting to the owner of the new one that has opened up near me, he said they are so busy its crazy, but i wander if they will be in a years time? i hope so i really liked him

It's free if you go and paddle in the sea!!

I wonder what breed of Fish they are? I think I would freek out a little if little fish were feasting on me, and have visions of the film Piranha! lol

I wonder if they have to rotate the fish, say one group of them had just fed I expect they would have to ensure they had a hungry group for the next client.

Sian x

Finding Serenity |

This was on This Morning a little while ago, was trying to find the video but only found a link to the page on their website
This Morning | Pedicures - ITV Lifestyle

I remember them saying you had to get the fish imported from somewhere like thailand or something like that?!

hey everyone, I am new to this so hope I am doing it right lol. Was just wondering does anyone know any details about the new craze of these fish that eat at the dead/hard skin on peoples feet? I have read a few pieces in magazines about them but have had no joy on finding anything else. I am from n.ireland and we are always last to get the lastest treatment on the market, so I am trying to chase this treatment up.

Thanks for reading this and for any info offered :D xo

Hi do you get professional beauty mag, there is a peice on it, in this months one.

Dawn

thanks for all the info everyone!!seems like it will be one of those crazes!!although if its not expensive for the fish it would maybe be a quick money making treatment!!the pirahna pedicure lol, i would love to try it myself and see what the results are like. Thanks everyone!!

I have quite a few clients who have been to try this and in their words it is "a waste of time". Think it's something people are eager to try though because of all the publicity it's getting at the mo... There's one thing I wonder though, what if the fish get full?! :confused:

Am i the only one who feels sick when they think of this :)
What would peta say lol

x x x

someone put a link on here a few weeks ago, theres a shop opened in Trafford Centre called Appy Feet.

What I would like to know is how hygienic is the water? They won't be changing the water after one person puts their feet into it now are they?

they are called garra rufa fish and are nicknamed the doctor fish, the set up cost will be very high to get the correct aquarium which is both the ideal environment for the fish and a system that is hygenic for the client! x

I have the tank in my salon and am getting the fish today! There is a supplier in the UK who installs a tank (which you can have different colours, finishes etc) trains you, brings the fish etc. It is a totally safe and hygenic treatment. The clients feet are washed thoroughly before the treatment, the tank also has a 4 stage filtration system and a UV steriliser killing any harmful bacteria constantly. The company Appy Feet I am told have ques out of their doors! It's a fun unique treatment and I can't wait to try it!

How did this go??? Any news???

I had this treatment last week. For the first 30 seconds I couldn't stand it, as it was so tickly I wanted to take my feet out straight away! But then I got used to it and it was actually quite pleasurable. My feet were lovely and soft afterwards.

Not sure if it's a long term thing or just a craze, I guess time will tell. I did re-book though :)

The salon I went to said it is by far their most popular treatment!

Latest posts

Back