Anyone mobile have problems with clients trying to come to your home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busy-bee

Reaction score
A new client has been emailing me for the last week, started off she wanted a wedding package. No problems, booked trail etc.

Then she says her partner wants full head highlights as well before the wedding, again no problem. Told her I would need to come out to do a skin test and consultation first, no problem she says.....

Have had this skin test booked twice now and twice she has messaged me to rearrange. I was supposed to be going out tomorrow after a client, now she says her partner is working and can she nip to my house for it on Sunday or after she finishes work on Monday :(

For starters I wont be in on Sunday, but either way I dont want clients at my house and thats why Im mobile!

Its a skin test, it takes 5 minutes. Im getting a bit miffed with them as if its so hard for her to be in for a 5 minute skin test hows she going to have time for a full head highlights?!

Also, how can I politely tell this client that I dont want any clients at my home? If I let her nip round for this, Ive just got a feeling she will feel she can nip round any time it suits her :sad:

Explain that you don't have clients come to your home because you are not insured and licenced to do so. (this is probably true depending on your council) and therefore cannot risk it. Plus the fact you have an overactive child/partner/neighbour/dog so it wouldn't be safe/convenient etc. hth x

Yes blame your insurance! If she puts up an argument 'oh it's only five minutes' say its vital in case she has a reaction to the skin test.

I'd also drop in 'are you sure you want to commit to this appointment, I know it's such a busy time & appreciate you have a lot on, can you fit it in? If so let's agree a time and not budge from it, because I want to make absolutely sure we get this right'

Yes blame your insurance! If she puts up an argument 'oh it's only five minutes' say its vital in case she has a reaction to the skin test.

I'd also drop in 'are you sure you want to commit to this appointment, I know it's such a busy time & appreciate you have a lot on, can you fit it in? If so let's agree a time and not budge from it, because I want to make absolutely sure we get this right'

If she puts up an argument that it's only five minutes, then there's no reason those 5 minutes can't take place at her house!! :)

The only clients of mine that come to my house is family, and that's when I can't be bothered to go to them. I wouldn't blame anything Hun, just say "I prefer to not have clients come to my home" say it firmly so she knows don't question me.
Also is all this back and to conversation by email/text? If it is call her, never book by text as you can't judge if they are flaky by email and you can usually guess by phonecall. Offer to call her if she dosent have credit xoxo

I would say that either it is not a safe environment, blame it on the dog or say your partner does not want your business to encroach on your family life. Blame someone else, I am sure she wont want you and your partner to have a row because of her, would she?

I've had this and just say "I'm sorry but I prefer not to have clients come to my home for insurance purposes, I will come by on XXX to patch test/colour/cut. Thankyou for understanding" and I've not had any problems with that xx

Thanks for the suggestions, will see what she says, I've offered to go to her on Monday when she's finished work. If she can't make that appointment then I'm giving up lol

Latest posts

Back