Anyone on here do Henna?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth Mills

Reaction score
I've got an idea for a fancy dress outfit that would work fab with some henna body art, and was wondering if there were any geeks (particularly around the West Midlands) who did henna... I'd be looking to get it done around the 27th August...

Hi Ruthie,

I don't do Henna but I can do temporary tattoos (they last around 5-7 days) any good?

Hi Ruthie,

I don't do Henna but I can do temporary tattoos (they last around 5-7 days) any good?

Thanks for the offer; I think henna would probably be better but will certainly bear you in mind. Not even sure if what I'm after is feasible even; Sonia and I are going to a "burlesque ball" on the weekend after the bank holiday and I thought it would be cool to get some "fishnets" hennaed on to go with my outfit. Having had henna done before, I know it should last at least a week or so and isn't especially prone to being rubbed off too quickly either...

try 'dangermouse'

Ruth, why not just go for the fishnets, so much easier!!

Hi Ruth, I went to a belly-dancing party on the weekend and there was a Henna Tatooist there. The henna that she used is just the henna powder that you can get from the markets. You mix it with some warm water so that its the consistency of toothpaste and get the lumps out too. She then put it into a tiny little piping bag made of clear plastic with one corner cut off for the paste to squeeze out of. Too easy! You leave the design on until dry (about 1 hour) The paste will flake off easily and then its done. We had loads of fun!!!! Mine is still on after 4 days.

Hi Ruth, I went to a belly-dancing party on the weekend and there was a Henna Tatooist there. The henna that she used is just the henna powder that you can get from the markets. You mix it with some warm water so that its the consistency of toothpaste and get the lumps out too. She then put it into a tiny little piping bag made of clear plastic with one corner cut off for the paste to squeeze out of. Too easy! You leave the design on until dry (about 1 hour) The paste will flake off easily and then its done. We had loads of fun!!!! Mine is still on after 4 days.

Cool, thanks for the advice :)

Have done a bit of henna before, but would need to be a bit of a contortionist to be able to apply the henna to the back of the legs for the fishnets design I'm after :green:

Latest posts

Back