Anyone On Here With Own Salon. Advice.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had the year from hell. For the past 14 months or so, major construction work by Wimpey Builders has been carried on all around us.

Our shop looks like a demolition site and we have had severe loss of trade.

It is a Tanning Shop, with a Beauty Treatment Room and I rent a table and do nails there.

Three Beauticians have left in the last year, due to diminishing business.

Now the road is up outside our shop and it is a real hazard for people to even get in our shop, let alone new clients even see it.

I have sent in a claim to Wimpey for loss of earnings and they are meeting with me next week. Has anyone had this experience, if so, any advice, help, appreciated.

Sam

Hi Sam

Sorry no personal experience - but try and get one of those who have left to attend the meeting - after all she's already lost & left, have they suggested you have a legal rep with you, or have you done your homework! If they have asked for you to estimate your losses - have you allowed for any increase in business due to a (projected) growing demand. It may be worth speaking with a Business Manager at your bank if you have one.

Go armed to the teeth - and ready for a fight!

Good LucK!!

Jo

I think, and you should get proper advice here, is that will offer the average of the last 3 years earnings. If you have audited accounts, great.

Cathy

Hi

I should hot foot it down to the citezens advice for an expert opinion as they have damaged your business you could be entitled to other compensation too.

Latest posts

Back