anyone practice reiki??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sc in canada

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I've been toying with the idea of taking a reiki class to learn how. I'm doing it for personal reasons and don't want to offer it as a service. Has anyone learned how?? could you tell me a little about each level and did you enjoy learning it?

Thanks a bunch
SC

I keep meaning to get attuned but never get around to it - I've heard it's a life changing thing...

.. the woman I know who does it told me not to worry about getting several sessions as you get ripped off/not worth the money/not really required - just get an attunement and your body will do the rest, if that makes sense :hug:

ok im gunna sound really silly hear but what is it ? :rolleyes: :lol: :irked: please x

I keep meaning to get attuned but never get around to it - I've heard it's a life changing thing...

.. the woman I know who does it told me not to worry about getting several sessions as you get ripped off/not worth the money/not really required - just get an attunement and your body will do the rest, if that makes sense :hug:

Thats what I wasn't sure about...how many classes do you really need, i guess I won't really know if I want to go all the way and get my masters or not until I take the class. I've been thinking about it for about 6 months now.

SC

i have been attuned for my level 1 & 2 reiki and i am now working towiards my masters at the moment.

i love my reiki healing, anything at all can be treated with reiki, its great whenever i just want to give myself a quick sesson for 5 mins it can you feel so much better.

i have always been interested in this healing but i went and had a treatment on myself first and felt great when it had finished thats why i decided to learn it more.

if you would like any more information just let me know and will be glad to help if i can.

:hug: :hug:

One of my best mates has done a course in Reiki.

She loves it and has found it's helped her nerves a bit.:zzz:

She gets crazy with it and has Reikied everything in sight, my pool when we found a hole, my car when it wouldn't start and she even tried to Reiki my cat which nearly bit her arm off. She's CRAZY over Reiki.:eek:

I was attuned to Reiki 1 last year I do also do Reiki helaing on clients that request it but I dont throw it in their face.

I do practice on myself when I think about it but I also find it quite easy to forget about it!

Another question to all of you have have taken the class, how long was your first level. The place I am thinking of taking it through starts on a Sat. night 6 to 10pm and sunday from 9 to 5pm does this sound about right? I'd hate to spend the money and that find out it wasn't what I thought.

SC

Another question to all of you have have taken the class, how long was your first level. The place I am thinking of taking it through starts on a Sat. night 6 to 10pm and sunday from 9 to 5pm does this sound about right? I'd hate to spend the money and that find out it wasn't what I thought.

SC

Mine was over 2 days. there was only 2 of us in the class though so it was like a one 2 one session.

Mine was over 2 days. there was only 2 of us in the class though so it was like a one 2 one session.

Oey

Did you get any handouts or books or anything????

SC

Ohhh and is it hard????

Sorry about all the questions, just want to know as much as I can

SC

Ohhh and is it hard????

Sorry about all the questions, just want to know as much as I can

SC

Not really - once you have got your head around it the different positions make sense really.

Not really - once you have got your head around it the different positions make sense really.

The place that I'm thinking of taking it through also lets you retake the class as many times as you wish for no extra charge. I'm thinking that's propably going to be a good thing for me since I can be a little thick at times LOL

SC

The place that I'm thinking of taking it through also lets you retake the class as many times as you wish for no extra charge. I'm thinking that's propably going to be a good thing for me since I can be a little thick at times LOL

SC

That is a good idea.

It does helps sometimes to have a refresher on these things.

Luckily my Reiki Master is a friend of mine so is always there if I need her.

Thanks for all the help, you guys are awsome!!!

SC

i did my first level in one day, but it only takes about 20mins to atually be attunded to recieve reiki. if that makes sense. i also got a folder with my certificate in the back.

but then i had to practice all the hand moves that i had been taught and also go through my 21 cleansing period.

once i had got used to it and learnt to control it i then went on to my level 2 about 6 months after.

one thing i would say is that you need to learn how to ground yourself correctly when you have completed a treatment.

:hug:

but then i had to practice all the hand moves that i had been taught and also go through my 21 cleansing period.

Are the hand move hard to learn? also what is a 21 cleansing period??

Thanks
SC

no the hand movements are not hard to learn and the 21 days cleansing daya are all to do with the history of how long it took to find out about reiki.

you will learn all about this on your course.

if you put reiki into google it aill come up with loads of info for you to read.

Latest posts

Back