Anyone rent space in a non-traditional location?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seraphine

Reaction score
Hi all!

Does anyone rent space in a non-salon environment?

I'm trying to think outside the box a bit as in this economic climate, I have doubts about opening my own salon. I have a fairly busy mobile practice but am looking for a bit more stability in my schedule and would like to "settle down" a little by doing some part-time stationery work.

A few places I've been considering approaching have been local gyms, and a friend who has a florist shop in a town that has only one small beauticians.

Has anyone else done this?

Just thinking aloud...
D

Gyms seem quite popular as salon businesses - I know a couple round me who have salons in them.

Not sure about the florists though as the smell might put people off buying the flowers LOL.

Do you have a big call centre near you - they might let you set up a table.

I believe that geeg ran a salon within a ladies clothing shop. Now that's thinking outside the box! I think she said she was fully booked after about 2 months and started expanding. Maybe pm her to see if she has any advice for you.

Cheers,
Hazel

Hiya!
A place where I used to work (Large IT company - pretty easy going) had a lady that came round every week and had a designated room that she could use for nails and beauty treatments. She also used to go round the other IT businesses on the trading estate nearby. It really suited her and it meant you could get pampered in your lunch break, especially on payday!!
Gail
x

My friend telephoned me a few months ago and asked if I could help out on reception. She is an aesthetic nurse, botox, filler etc., working from a dental practice. When I started to work there, after a couple of weeks the owner and I got talking and now I am working from the aesthetic clinic for part of the day doing treatments. If things work out, they will open a dedicated room. Must say the practice is very modern and spacious in high street location - although if you could get access to dental database you would have a huge start. Also, I think men would be more likely to come to the 'Dentist' for a facial rather than flowery type salon. (Give me the flowery salon every time)

Just a sugestion..theres a nail salon near me in a bridal shop...:)

Hi, I have the opportunity to rent out a room within a Pharmacy. They have a steady stream of potential clients, so may go for it??.....:eek:

I work in one of the large banks head office, they have a small shopping mall for the staff and I do nails, 15min and 30 min appointments, file & polish etc, it's only one day a week but it's guaranteed cash fully booked every week. Moving into one of their other buildings too at end of october

I have just been offered a room in a kids activity centre as the owners asked what mums wanted there & they said somewhere to get pampered. Going to have a look as not sure what to do yet:confused:

Latest posts

Back