Anyone used these tips, yet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Nailz

Reaction score
I did some lovely French Extensions tonight. The person who came to me was also a Nail Technician, and she loved them! I am very tempted to put these on for myself! Has anyone else used these from pro impressions? and how did you get on with them. Hope they are nice and tough. They seem it :)

Attachments

• 005 - Copy.JPG
    005 - Copy.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 573
I looked a these and similar ones at Olympia on their stand... Oomed and aaared for good few minutes about buying some for myself, they look so pretty but my only thought was infills after a while you'll loose the pattern as it will obviously go down the nail and if you don't want that to maybe look odd you would do white acrylic tips which would cover it.

That's the only thing that made me think about it, would it look odd going down the nail???

They are lovely tho... :)

(Hope this made sense, trying to explain when tired is not a good thing lol)

I looked a these and similar ones at Olympia on their stand... Oomed and aaared for good few minutes about buying some for myself, they look so pretty but my only thought was infills after a while you'll loose the pattern as it will obviously go down the nail and if you don't want that to maybe look odd you would do white acrylic tips which would cover it.

That's the only thing that made me think about it, would it look odd going down the nail???

They are lovely tho... :)

(Hope this made sense, trying to explain when tired is not a good thing lol)

I think once they get to the stage where they may look out of place, will obviously be the last bit of the extension left, and can be filed off, and a new set put on! but I don't think they will look that bad, as the top part of the tip looks good and should still look as nice as a thin strip on the end of the nail :)

I have to say now that I have seen them on I think they look fab! which is swaying me to buying some (keep looking at your pic) it was hard to imagine them on and now be seen them I realise that I was thinking about putting them further down, which in fact isn't the case so they would last longer than I thought.

I'm so glad you popped this up, in the morning I am going to go through the catalogue they gave me and order some. Thanks :)

I've seen these tips on the pro impressions site and I really like them, I think I'm going to treat myself to some and see what my customers think of them. Once they start growing out, eventually you'll need a soak off and new set if you want to carry on having the fancy smile line, or you could do a normal p&w infill on them and let the customer have a plain old smile line for a while until they decide to splash out on a soak off and new set when they want the fancy smile line again.

I have to say now that I have seen them on I think they look fab! which is swaying me to buying some (keep looking at your pic) it was hard to imagine them on and now be seen them I realise that I was thinking about putting them further down, which in fact isn't the case so they would last longer than I thought.

I'm so glad you popped this up, in the morning I am going to go through the catalogue they gave me and order some. Thanks :)

I must admit, they did look nice on!

Show us piccys, if you do a set :D

Will do hun :) I so should have bought some at Olympia... My fault for ooooming and aaaring and talking myself out of it lol

These were the ones that liked to

(edit - ok ordered the same ones you used lol and had a discount voucher from Olympia so was a good deal) I'm renewing my wedding vows next year in the Domincan Republic and these I think will look fab)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348734007.177407.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348734007.177407.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
I did some lovely French Extensions tonight. The person who came to me was also a Nail Technician, and she loved them! I am very tempted to put these on for myself! Has anyone else used these from pro impressions? and how did you get on with them. Hope they are nice and tough. They seem it :)

Not sure about these at all .. they look like stick on nails ... they may look more natural if they were not so bulky along the sidewalls ... what do you think?

Not sure about these at all .. they look like stick on nails ... they may look more natural if they were not so bulky along the sidewalls ... what do you think?

I think you are either being obtuse, or that was a bad joke!

I think you are either being obtuse, or that was a bad joke!

Thank you for your response.

I am being neither.

Why would you think that?

obtuse definition
1.Annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
2.Difficult to understand.

dense - slow-witted

Last edited:
Have to agree with you Jaquelineanna! They do look quite bulky on the side walls and look odd on the nail as if the white is far to down the nail bed.

Not for me but then that's just my opinion!!

I agree with the bulkyness also..not to mention the ratio of white tip..to how much nail bed there is

Oops cross post valleygirl =/ lol

I was asking what you thought of the actual nails. Not my work!!
If I wanted opinion on my work...I would have put this photo in Nail Critiques and asked.

They are not at all Bulky, obviously the photo doesn't do them justice, because I am very particular with the sidewalls and making sure they are in line

I was asking what you thought of the actual nails. Not my work!!
If I wanted opinion on my work...I would have put this photo in Nail Critiques and asked.

They are not at all Bulky, obviously the photo doesn't do them justice, because I am very particular with the sidewalls and making sure they are in line

Yes of course, it must be the photo.

I gave you my opinion on the nails - a bit like you gave your opinion on the beautiful Louboutin nails from Busybee on a different thread, she didn't ask for opinions but you gave yours very clearly. And very negatively.

Peace and respect.

Last edited:
I agree with the bulkyness also..not to mention the ratio of white tip..to how much nail bed there is

There was bound to be less nail then white tip, when applying to short nails. This was mentioned to my client, but she still wanted them. But after I done them. I still liked them

Each to their own

Yes of course, it must be the photo.

I gave you my opinion on the nails - a bit like you gave your opinion on the beautiful Louboutin nails from Busybee on a different thread, she didn't ask for opinions but you gave yours very clearly. And very negatively.

Peace and respect.

So, this is pay back I take it?

Infact, if you re-read that post. I said, sorry I sound negative. It isn't mean't to be. But I didn't see the point in them with the red underneath. I also said they looked nice. But they are nto my sort of thing. I didn't bash them at all. So you come in this thread and bash my nails. I don't know what your problem is, but I certainly didn't derserve you coming in here to say they look bulky.

There was bound to be less nail then white tip, when applying to short nails. This was mentioned to my client, but she still wanted them. But after I done them. I still liked them

Each to their own

Which is why it's best to only apply white tips when the client has a long nail bed or at least a fair amount of extension edge..otherwise you have to elongate the nail bed by sculpting to make it look natural...but yes, each to their own..if the client is happy with odd looking nails then good on them, their money isn't wasted and you still get paid for you work :)

So, this is pay back I take it?

Infact, if you re-read that post. I said, sorry I sound negative. It isn't mean't to be. But I didn't see the point in them with the red underneath. I also said they looked nice. But they are nto my sort of thing. I didn't bash them at all. So you come in this thread and bash my nails. I don't know what your problem is, but I certainly didn't derserve you coming in here to say they look bulky.

If you don't think they are bulky then don't worry about it. And if your clients love them then that's great too.

I can give my opinion on any thread I choose to as can you. And we both did so there is no problem.

I don't really need to say anything else, and I think all that you have said on this thread is very insightful.

Peace and respect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back