Appliances to use in barbados?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maisy Daisy

Reaction score
Hi,

I've booked a holiday to Barbados and was wondering if you could help.

Do you know of anywhere in the UK where I can purchase a hairdryer and straighteners from, which is the correct 110 volts wattage for Barbados which has a two pin flat pin plug attached? I don't want to use a travel adaptor as I am not staying in a hotel and have been told the hairdryer would not work with one.

I hope you can help.

:green:

Hi

You can get them on eBAY, American ones.

I would totally forget the effort involved in straightening your hair there, It is so hot of a night that mine just fuzzed up almost immediately.

HTH

XX

GHD straighteners and dryer convert to all countries. They also have a handy two pinned plug inside the UK plug. :)

I wouldn't personally suggest ebay. It is well known for fakes and unsafe electrical equipment.

Thanks for the replies.

I looked on Ebay but couldn't find any appliances which have the plugs for Barbados attached.

I'll take a look at the the GHD products.

Any other help would be most appreciated.

Maisy :lol:

In my eperience of regularly travelling to the Caribbean although GHD's claim to work in all countries they still do not always heat up to the regular temperature - I also have clients and friends where the same thing has happened.

As an alternative I have bought a pair of remington straightners which have a worldwide dual voltage (110v-240v). They do not provide quite the same level of sleekness as GHD's but they heat up to 230 degrees and work quite well I simply use an adapter with these which works perfectly - including on hair extensions and afro-hair.

The other alternative as suggested in an earlier post is to get some straightners on ebay/or an American trusted company website (to avoid the fakes!) as they will have a two pin plug. Make sure any straightner you get has a 110voltage - I believe that is the voltage used in Barbados - though it is best to check this with the hotel you are staying to be sure.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
I notice that someone said ghds have a 2 pin plug as well. They do, but thats europe 2 pin not US one. ghd's should work fine with the correct plug adapter they will just take much longer to heat up and maintain heat less well ....so longer heat recovery time during use.
As for the hairdryer, I would strongly avoid ebay as it has been full of fake ghds in the past. Also be very careful of google as that is now full of fake websites also both in natural and paid listings. Why not pick up a cheap travel dryer in the airport?

That babyliss one looks great £9.99 :eek: you cant go wrong!

Thank you all for your replies and advice.

I shall go shopping :lol:

Maisy

Latest posts

Back