Applying blusher to chubby cheeks, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahy

Reaction score
i have a weak chin and high ckeek bones and chubby cheeks
i'm not fat but my face is
when i put blusher it emphsize my cheek bones and i don't look good with my weak chin .any tips please?

High cheek bones - great! Chubby cheeks mean you'll age well. Good news!

You need to go for a make-up lesson where you will be shown how to apply a good base, and then sculpt with a matte deeper colour to create hollows, highlighter to bring out those cheekbones and bring your chin forward, and blusher in the right place to balance it out.

Probably hair Geeks can advise well on flattering styles, too.

High cheek bones - great! Chubby cheeks mean you'll age well. Good news!

You need to go for a make-up lesson where you will be shown how to apply a good base, and then sculpt with a matte deeper colour to create hollows, highlighter to bring out those cheekbones and bring your chin forward, and blusher in the right place to balance it out.

Probably hair Geeks can advise well on flattering styles, too.
it's not good news i look horrible at photos :irked:
so what do you think i put blusher higher or lower or what?

Have a look for a salon near you that does make-up lessons where you take your own in and they show you how to make the most of them. There will, of course, be a charge for this, but it will save you making expensive mistakes.
Alternatively, see if your local college needs models for their students. This will be of little or no cost.
hth

i have a weak chin and high ckeek bones and chubby cheeks
i'm not fat but my face is
when i put blusher it emphsize my cheek bones and i don't look good with my weak chin .any tips please?

Use a good foundation that isn't shiny or greasy to begin with, and powder very naturally. Use a MATTE powder or make up/powder that is half to one shade darker than the resulting foundation/powder you have used (or your natural skin) and apply VERY subtly just under cheekbones, to sculpt and shade, and blend it upwards a little, so it is half way up your cheek bones. Then add a medium toned warm color above this shading, very very subtly so you just have a natural warmth. Avoid shiny, pearly or greasy or pale rouges, as they will highlight your cheeks further. Use a paler foundation or highlighter on the chin, but EVER SO SUBTLY, to slightly highlight the chin. Enhance your good points, and don't worry too much about less than perfect features, everyone has imperfections, even super models. Have a make up lesson, like the other lady suggested. Hope that helps.

it's not good news i look horrible at photos :irked:
so what do you think i put blusher higher or lower or what?

For photos, there are lighting set ups that will flatter your face and make it appear slimmer - only relevant if you were going for a photo shoot.

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Use a good foundation that isn't shiny or greasy to begin with, and powder very naturally. Use a MATTE powder or make up/powder that is half to one shade darker than the resulting foundation/powder you have used (or your natural skin) and apply VERY subtly just under cheekbones, to sculpt and shade, and blend it upwards a little, so it is half way up your cheek bones. Then add a medium toned warm color above this shading, very very subtly so you just have a natural warmth. Avoid shiny, pearly or greasy or pale rouges, as they will highlight your cheeks further. Use a paler foundation or highlighter on the chin, but EVER SO SUBTLY, to slightly highlight the chin. Enhance your good points, and don't worry too much about less than perfect features, everyone has imperfections, even super models. Have a make up lesson, like the other lady suggested. Hope that helps.
thank you very much your replies always help :)

Latest posts

Back