Applying Trendy Wraps to your own nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxcetera

Reaction score
I've got one set of TNW that I want to try (its for my birthday night out this week), but I'm worried about doing them on myself.

How hard is it to line them up etc on yourself? I have a friend who can do them for me, but I've just taken my shellac off and want something back on now for fear of my nails breaking lol (took me a long time to grow these babies).

If I reshellac I'll have to take it off again in a couple of days.

Any advice?

I usually use minx and only on my toes. I tried ... once .... to apply TNW on them and had to abandon the attempt. Bearing in mind I had both hands free, I found it akin to trying to lay a vinyl floor! :irked:

I will concede that my toe nails aren't the world's most perfectly shaped, but minx doesn't cause me anything like the same problems. I bought the TNW because I really fancied one of their designs for a change. I won't be getting anymore.

Apologies to TNW enthusiasts, but that was my experience. I would honestly say you need someone with two hands at their disposal for this exercise. :hug:

I tryed trendy nail wraps on my toes they creased at the bottom of the big toe but otherwise were fine to apply, only other thing my shoes rubbing moved my little toe wraps up the nail, i thought they were childs play to apply if im honest havent tryed minx yet! but people arnt raving about them for nothing x

Minx or trendy, on your own hands you are going to have the same dexterity problems. Just like any other nail service you do on yourself, I would do your 'bad' hand first. Try to do all the mesuring up with out removing the backing paper so that you don't end up with your skin oil on the sticky side. Once you've removed it from the backing paper try to hold it with tweezers and put your hand on a solid serface rather then running the risk of shaky hands, I find it helps if the tweezer holding hand has the elbow on the table too, or for arm resting against the edge of the table.
Oh, get half of it ankered on your nail before attempting to pull for the free edge stretch, othewise the stupid thing comes of:irked:
Good luck:hug:

Hi
I bought myself the chrome (super shiney silver like a mirror) Trendy Nail Wraps and applied them to my toes easily.

It's not the easiest thing to get my toes to me as I'm on the larger side but I did them and had no problems. I didnt get on with the glass file so I trimmed the wrap and a teeny bit of my nail off (as they were quite long lol).

I didn't expect miracles from them as I didn't seal the free edges (wanted them to last for 2 events I had in 3 days) but they have been on since Wed and are still as shiney and perfect as when they were put on. I have worn open toed shoes or flip flops since applying.

I'm doing the Minx course in June and wanted to see how I got on with TNW, after being told they were harder to apply well, than Minx because they are thicker. I also like some of the designs that TNW do and are not available in Minx so I can see me wearing both.

did it!! Blimey lol.

No creases, nothing. Lets see how long they last ;) I put a shellac clear top coat on too. Hardest part was trimming them slightly down the sidewalls but they look fine.

Well done. Hope you like them. :)

I've done silks on my own nails before, measuring, cutting etc have no idea how I managed it and wasn't perfect but looked ok! Think it'd be a similar thing lol

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I did them on myself in about half an hour last week, the first time took me ages but i have got the hang of it now 2-3 times later, i find them quite easy mine lasted 2 weeks with nothing over them so would be interesting to see how wll they last with shelac over.

I did them on myself in about half an hour last week, the first time took me ages but i have got the hang of it now 2-3 times later, i find them quite easy mine lasted 2 weeks with nothing over them so would be interesting to see how wll they last with shelac over.
Will let you know :D If they don't last until at least my birthday night out on Friday, you'll hear me screaming from here lol

most ive had out of TNW's is about 12/14 weeks on toes , i find them quite easy to apply x

I usually use minx and only on my toes. I tried ... once .... to apply TNW on them and had to abandon the attempt. Bearing in mind I had both hands free, I found it akin to trying to lay a vinyl floor! :irked:

I will concede that my toe nails aren't the world's most perfectly shaped, but minx doesn't cause me anything like the same problems. I bought the TNW because I really fancied one of their designs for a change. I won't be getting anymore.

Apologies to TNW enthusiasts, but that was my experience. I would honestly say you need someone with two hands at their disposal for this exercise. :hug:

I ALWAYS use Minx but i did notice that the TNW were cheaper than Minx, and when i started to apply them i could see why, i think they are far too thick and you cant manipulate them as much as the minx i also think the minx designs are nicer took, but thats opinion i suppose, also when you take the TNWs off you are left with a horrible sticky residue that you dont get with minx.

You pay for what you get in this game and i think Minx are the best ! :D

I dont know what causes the residue, i have had it once out of the 10 times i have used them, not sure what i did wrong on that occasion??? it is personal choice, but they are thicker for the reason of being able to topcoat with gel or acrylic and once warmed they are just as flexable, minx certainly has its place and its look is fantastic

I did want to try minx, but having to buy the lamp just to try them put me off.

I must admit I find the sidewalls quite thick on these but will see how they last.

As for doing my toes, lmao. I decided I wanted a french shellac, it took me 3 hours and backache for 2 days. I just can't reach my feet due to back probs

Out of the two I have found Minx easier to apply. Both lasted about the same time.

hth's

I've minxed my toes twice now with no problems. I took 1st set off and used them as a template for 2nd set. Worked perfect. I minxed my fingers for the first time ysterday and it took me a while but must say their looking good apart from a few tiny creases on my bad hand :) Not tried TNW but might do just to compare. I'm assuming I can use my minx lamp for these?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I dont know what causes the residue, i have had it once out of the 10 times i have used them, not sure what i did wrong on that occasion??? it is personal choice, but they are thicker for the reason of being able to topcoat with gel or acrylic and once warmed they are just as flexable, minx certainly has its place and its look is fantastic

Hi, I did heat them correctly but didn't apply any topcoat to the TNW and never have done with the Minx, is that maybe why they the TNW didn't last as long ? Also do you seal the feel edge? I do with both,

I've been applying Minx for about 5 months and never used top coat and they have lasted for over 6 weeks easy! (on different clients) the only reason why one of my clients wanted them removed was due to the nail growth, but the actual minx its self what still shiny and smooth even after so long !

HI guys just wondering how long minx stay on fingernails for? been told from 3 days - 2 weeks depending on clients lifestyle, i know theycan last on toes for weeks i have had mine on 4 week now and i did them myself with no sealed edge or topcoat of any sort and they are perfect just regrowth at cuticle which i might just add a few gems instead of replacing but then again i might just get bore of this design and put a new ne on lol
also do many of your clients have them on fingers or is it ainly toes?

Hi, I did heat them correctly but didn't apply any topcoat to the TNW and never have done with the Minx, is that maybe why they the TNW didn't last as long ? Also do you seal the feel edge? I do with both,

I've been applying Minx for about 5 months and never used top coat and they have lasted for over 6 weeks easy! (on different clients) the only reason why one of my clients wanted them removed was due to the nail growth, but the actual minx its self what still shiny and smooth even after so long !

i dont apply top coat but you can, i have them last about 2 weeks fingers and 8 toes, and i dont do anything to the free edge, i think it all does depend on the the nail types and general wear.

Latest posts

Back