Appointment book or electronic diary

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good evening all. I'm soon to be qualified and need a system to make note of appointments. I have seen diaries about 8-10 pound and I no they are easy to use but a bit of a pain to carry round. Does anyone use an iphone app or ipad or anything similar that is just as useful? Thanks

I've switched so many times from iPhone to paper, I always go back to my phone!! I take appts on my iPad and iPhone and it all backs up to iCloud so it's always safe! I have different colours for work, home, breaks and travel time so it's really easy. Makes it easier to book the next appt as you've got the correct amount of time blocked out.

Saying that, I have a paper diary that I write in every night the treatments that I've done and how much money I've taken as I want to keep this out of sight of clients!

Sorry forgot to say, I just used the standard calendar, I've tried a few apps and just don't get on with them

I've too had both and now find phone easier - can erase ect as and when and
As I'm mobile easy to carry and add all there details - Ie treatment, address, number x

I use my Samsung tablet. Its fab and looks great. Clients are always impressed when i pull ot out to book them in :)
I downloaded a business calender through the play store.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I use ovatu app .... It's fab xx

A good app is 'my book of clients salon'

I use this too but always have a paper back up just in case as well
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

I've tried to use my phone, playbook & pc but go back to my paper diary every time! I find it easier to flick through when a client wants to book for, say, 4 weeks time, I keep a record of how they pay me so all my takings tally and its a quick way to jot down what treatments they have, which I then transfer to a spread sheet system.

Electronically I've only ever used a normal calendar/diary or SalonIris and non of these give me quite what Im looking for but I might look at the others ones mentioned.

Karaxxx

Last edited:
I've tried to use my phone, playbook & pc but go back to my paper diary every time! I find it easier to flick through when a client wants to book for, say, 4 weeks time, I keep a record of how they pay me so all my takings tally and its a quick way to jot down what treatments they have, which I then transfer to a spread sheet system.

Electronically I've only ever used a normal calendar/diary or Salon Geek and non of these give me quite what Im looking for but I might look at the others ones mentioned.

Karaxxx

Snap! I keep reverting to my paper diary too! Each time a client pays I make a note of how they paid and what retail they bought. At the end of the week it all goes into a spread sheet to make sure I'm meeting targets and see what needs to go in the re-ordering list.

It is all on calengoo too incase my diary goes missing (shudder) :)

I always stick to my trusty filofax too. I used to use phone but found it annoying when somebody called that I had to put on loudspeaker to book in.
Also I use mybook of clients which is really handy, I'll update and the end of each day, it has a summery of money you've made.

I'm a Filofax girl too!! I used to use my iPhone, until I dropped it in the bath once!!!! It was backed up but still it scared the living daylights out of me! All addresses,phone no's and appointments in my trusty Filofax!!

Plus trying to use my phone to book an appointment with a client on said phone is far too technical for me!! Xx

I was going to use a paper diary, but knew I'd probably end up leaving it at home/salon when I really needed it.

The OH then bought me a netbook where I use Google calendar, which syncs with my pc at home, phone, tablet so I can look everywhere and anywhere.

Thank you all for your replies. You have been most helpful! X

I've just had a look at this. Can you have more than 1 therapist using this so that we can see each other's diaries

I use ovatu but I want a good salon diary to write in too- I'm old fashioned like that! Does anyone know where I can
get a decent one?

I get mine from The Works, cheap and cheerful. They do a whole variety of sizes to suit all.

Karaxxx

I use ovatu but I want a good salon diary to write in too- I'm old fashioned like that! Does anyone know where I can
get a decent one?

Hi there! I had a 'leadership' diary last year, loved it as it had a day to a page & 24hourly appointments in it. Got it from staples - bit that's since closed down where I live & I managed to get something similar & better from amazon! It's an A5 ring binder with a day to a page with half hourly appointments!! Love it! I'm sure it's Collins!?

Hi there! I had a 'leadership' diary last year, loved it as it had a day to a page & 24hourly appointments in it. Got it from staples - bit that's since closed down where I live & I managed to get something similar & better from amazon! It's an A5 ring binder with a day to a page with half hourly appointments!! Love it! I'm sure it's Collins!?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388142794.610502.jpg
Here it is!!

Great! Will check these out and order something later today- thanks guys

Latest posts

Back