Approaching customers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjpowell1982

Reaction score
Hello

I've been doing Gellux nails for 7 months and I'm still struggling to get loyal customers :-(

I've done advertising on gum tree, fb, trade it and also paid to advertise in my local magazine. This got me one customer and she said she just goes where ever is cheap!

I know quite a few girls who are getting married this year as I also work in a large office. Do you think it is acceptable to email these girls with an offer for wedding nAils or is that too desperate/ cheeky??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Why don't you try chatting to them rather than emailing them? Or Put up some fliers around your office and near their workstation and see if they come to you. Have you done a leaflet drop around surrounding areas of where you work. What's your target audience, what other therapists are in the area and what's their prices/work like? Xx

I've sent an email out to my work (which reaches everyone) to say I do nails, so they must be aware that I do them :)

I live in Bristol and there are a lot of salons and mobile techs. My prices arent the cheapest (I only charge £15 for a gellux manicure) as I have seen people offer it for £10 and I'm not the most expensive either. Some salons in my area charge up to £30.

A lot of colleagues I don't get a chance to speak to face to face. I don't mind sending individual emails but don't want to make anyone feel awkward.

the best advertisement you have is yourself.

if I were you, I'd do my nails in a nice nude color maybe a french and one nail have a nice stamp on it for decoration. Keep them wedding style and change them as often as you can.

I'd walk around the office and show them and tell them what you do and show them your work.

since you're struggling for clients you could say anyone who shows you their work badge from (insert office name :green:) will get some percentage off. Pick 10 or 20% whatever you're comfortable with - you can put an expiration on it too (this offer is good through the end of August) so they don't hold you to it if you leave that office.

If you don't have a lot of face to face contact - force yourself to - take a walk, find them at lunch, etc.

Good luck

That's a great idea many thanks for the reply x

My own nails seem to be my best advertising! I do mine every 2 weeks to keep them in tip top shape and I always do something fancy that get attention. I often have cashiers and people next to me in line asking: "who does your nails?" and I always have my calling card handy!
I have referral discounts too. If one of my regular clients refers a friend, I will give them a discount or an "add-on" for free.

If you haven't already done so, get onto vista print and get some cards. Always carry them with you and everyone who mentions your nails give them a card. Also get a friend to have a gel nail party and get someone to book another whilst you're there. My party deal is the host gets hers free if she gets 6 guests or £10 for 5 guests and guests get a art for £15. Now of course it's up to you what deal you do but I've personally been really successful with these parties and getting regular clients. Get everyone's contact details say it's for insurance purposes then call/txt them 2 wks later to see what they thought. And ask out right if they'd like to book a party or a testament. It's got to be worth a go huni xx

Brilliant many thanks. My mum always gets comment on her nails and says she wishes I had some done :)

Latest posts

Back