Arbonne

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, have any of you heard of a skin care company Arbonne?
One of my clients sells the products, she came into the salon the other day and was really fanatical about the products - she left me some products to try and they do seem nice BUT I have a feeling its pyramid selling.
Do any of you use these products in your salons?

thanks

Hiya,
Yes I have heard of it and I think you are right it is a kind of pyramid selling. I do believe it is a lovely range though,I dont use it but a friend tried to get me to take a bag to 'try' and I refused, its not cheap.....kx

I believe it is a type of pyramid selling scheme. There may be other posts on here if you do a search.

Yup, it's pyramid.
The last thing you want in your salon.

Yes, it's a pyramid system from what I understand.

Also, regarding the products. I was sent some samples by them after being cornered at Olympia last year. Anyway, I got my mum to trial them for me to give me an honest opinion - she's definitely honest! She said they were ok, but nothing better than a lot of stuff she had used in the past and if she was in a Salon she'd expect better products.

Just thought an opinion on the products would help also.

If you do a search using the button above,this has been discussed not too long ago and you will see a few more opinions on it.

Thanks folks for replies - have read the threads, which were interesting!
To be honest when she was having her tmts - facial & body massage(2hrs) - she kept her eyes open and talked none stop about the products and company, which bored me and put me off!:zzz:

Hi Geeks

Arbonne is not pyramid selling, it is Network Marketing which I think you'll find is a very successful business model in the US and soon will be in the UK once it is more widely recognised. You do not invest in the company as you would with pyramid selling!! It is the same business model as Pampered Chef etc.

The products are lovely but not cheap, however they are Swiss Formulated and are of a very high standard in my opinion.

Hope this helps x

Love these products, we have a rep within the Surrey,berks and I got to say there's no sales flannel. These products are of the highest standard and stores simply can't afford to put these items on the shelf as it doesn't contain cheap perfumed and highly chemical preservatives to keep the prices low enough to put on the shelf. Arbonne give you a fantastic base fir a flawless finish. It's expensive because it's genuine and I will pay the price for the real thing.

Yes i think people there have the wrong idea of Arbonne as a pyramid company it's a network marketing company and if you've only heard someone in your salon go on about it and not gone along to a opportunity meeting then you've not given the idea a chance. people can get carried away and give the wrong impression of the company over.

Opportunities at the moment are happening over the uk. Arbonne has only been over here 3 years where in the USA it's been there since the 80's.

The products themselves are very very good and PH correct your skin. I'm not going to go into it in details as if your interested then you will look out you're nearest opportunity meetings where you will talk to people one to one.

dawn

Network Marketing is the future of doing business, along with fantastic safe beneficial and pure products.

Botox in a bottle known it is known as here

X

Network Maketing Company - I was told it was Multi Level Platform Selling when I told the Rep I thought it was a Pyramid. If you go along to a seminar they are brilliant at NLP convincing you that you can get a lot of clients to buy from you and then people buy from your clients and you earn from them as well and the best part once you hit a certain level of sales Arbonne will give you a mercedes. (Im not joking).

The products are okay to be fair but I wouldnt be buying them again as I for the price range I much prefer Clarins.

The only Arbonne reps I've ever met have been pushy and brainwashed. Very eager to brainwash you too. Now I'm not saying they all are or that the company encourages this, this is just my experience.

For me, however good the products are, pushy salespeople turn me off. Oh also I haven't yet met a rep who is a trained therapist. Only ladies who have come from other industries or who do it as a supplement to their normal job. AGAIN I'm sure there are therapists out there how work with Arbonne, but I haven't seen them. If I want real advice on my skin I will go to a trained/licensed skin therapist, not a salesperson.

On another note, I get really uncomfortable when people use NLP techniques when talking to me. *shudder*

Sorry, hope I don't offend anyone, its just my two cents :)

Air x

The only Arbonne reps I've ever met have been pushy and brainwashed. Very eager to brainwash you too.

This is a very true statment that you have made!.

The rep i delt with constantly brought her poorly dressed 5 year old daughter to meetings and tried to guilt trip us in to spending money with us and kept phone and turning up at our house trying to brainwash us into buying stock.

We bought a couple of primers and eye shadows to get rid of her, but soon found out that the products were over priced muck, and half of the stuff we thought had been ordered by the rep had not be ordered, but she had took the money anyway.

Also we found out that the rep had defrauded us using our payment details out of £250 (which we got back) and she had sold us out of date stock way above the RRP that Arbonne set.

We made a complaint to Arbonne head office and they refunded us some of the money (only the RRP) after we threated legal action against them

I know of an MUA who got rid of all her pro makeup products and replaced them with Arbonne and the results were so c**p she lost loads of clients .

Last edited:
Just the mention of the word Arbonne makes me shudder....sorry if that offends anyone! I have had two facebook friends hit me relentlessly with all the sales pitch and boy do I hate that with a passion! Simple solution though....DELETE!! Not been bothered since! ;)

they do come across as brain washed ive known a few , one kept telling me like she was stuck on repeat "but it is swiss formulated"
but its made in the USA,

soooo ? wheres it from ? "its swiss formulated "

:irked:

why do they always feel the need to keep say that ? its not a watch ...

Ok peeps - I am a fully trained beautician and salon owner - Arbonne is absolutely the furthest thing from pyramid selling there is!! (incidentally pyramid selling is illegal in this country) it is so ethical unlike many of the product company's you have all claimed to prefer - Arbonne products are amazing - I took a gold bag from a lady and after 2 weeks my husband and I had a row he said I had had Botox as my crows feet had gone ( he would never normally notice if I danced naked in front of him!) which I hadn't . I noticed immediately that the black line on my neck which looked like it had been drawn on with a felt tip pen has really really faded - try walking into Harvey Nicks and ask to take home a bag of flagship full range ultra premium products to try before you buy and see how far you get - the prices are Clinique/Clarins range - the products are way above anything else in the market they are pure vegan approved no no chemicals parabins etc and natural - I admit I love them and refused to give my bag back - I'm not paying for the rent of high street stores the salespeople in white coats and the fish tanks any more just my fab products - ask me any questions you like its amazing !!!!!!!!

I went along to an arbonne meeting. Its network marketing which isn't all that different to pyramid selling. The representative actually said "its not about the products its about the sales". I bet if i'd agreed to take a gold bag i would have been bombarded with calls to join up and start selling to my friends.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

My beef with Argonne is that they would allow even my cat to sell it, with minimal training.
Fine, if you're a beauty therapist with proper training and experience, but how many of our clients tell us their skin is "dry" when in fact it's dehydrated rather than lipid dry.

I think you need to have a good understanding of the skin if you're going to sell skincare products.
And as for having the products for 3 days before you buy, well, really and truly, all that you're going to discover from that is whether you like the smell, texture and whether you're allergic to it. It can't possibly be effective in only three days when it takes 28 - 35 days for a basal cell to reach the stratum corners, can it?

My friend has joined Arbonne. Yes it is network selling, they are selling the business, more than the products . I dont want to join up as a sales person, but i am seriously considering using the products on my clients after using them on myself for just a few weeks.
Harrods Spa use Arbonne. I called them the other day & they say their Arbonne facials and products are very popular! xx

Latest posts

Back