Are Additives worth buying?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I stamped them with MoYou London Stamping plates and Konad Black Stamping polish.

Oh right! Great- and where do you get the neon additives? I haven't seen them in my s2 magazine?!

If you wanted to get them in the UK, I got mine from Glitterarty Nails on eBay xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384461003.943975.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

If you wanted to get them in the UK, I got mine from Glitterarty Nails on eBay xx

View attachment 47914

Oh yes I've bought glitters from there quite a few times! So it's a neon powder which you just add to the shellac?

Oh yes I've bought glitters from there quite a few times! So it's a neon powder which you just add to the shellac?

Yep! A mica pigment powder - all of mine were done over Cream Puff Shellac to make them a true neon xx

Yep! A mica pigment powder - all of mine were done over Cream Puff Shellac to make them a true neon xx

Great thanks!
X

I have the neon pigments from tjr same seller but mine aren't anywhere near that bright. Infact mine are quite pastel looking. Are these over cream puff?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have the neon pigments from tjr same seller but mine aren't anywhere near that bright. Infact mine are quite pastel looking. Are these over cream puff?

If you apply the pigments as soon as the second layer of cream puff is cured, the color will be more intense, then uf you would wait longer to apply the pigments. I think that's because you haImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384472123.681587.jpgve "more" tacky-nes if your quick. Do i make sence?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok, so I know this isnt those fab neon ones, but you can also use additives for other nail art as well as an ombre effect.

I did this little bow today using deep blue additive over scarlet letter.

Oops.. here is the pic

Attachments

• 1384475454005.jpg
    1384475454005.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 278
Omg I think I want to try these now lol what colours would you recommend to start with x

Oh my god Additives are Adductive ;-) without a doubt my favourite product at the moment, so many possibilities & ombre is now a dream to do with additives, it almost looks air brushed! Definitely a top of the list purchase I'd say xx

Oh my god Additives are Adductive ;-) without a doubt my favourite product at the moment, so many possibilities & ombre is now a dream to do with additives, it almost looks air brushed! Definitely a top of the list purchase I'd say xx

What is the best way to create ombré nIls using additives I have two from the carned collection x

Just did an additive fade using Black Pool and Blue Heaven additive. I usually start at the cuticle area and fade down xxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384542761.847733.jpg

Do you use a brush or a sponge x

Latest posts

Back