Are full manicures a popular treatment with you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrslargelashes

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I keep thorough records of everything, including a record of what treatments clients are spending on. Looking back since I started in August, I haven't done 1 full manicure!!! And only 3 full pedi's!!! My express versions are extremley popular, so is nail wraps and gel polish. I just don't get any full manicures, I spent a lot of money on good products, and spent a lot of time promoting them, but to no avail. I didn't promote wraps etc, but they all seem to sell themselves.

Is a full mani or pedi popular with you? If so how do you promote it? What do you charge?

Hi there,
When I was mobile full manicures were my most popular treatment - I didn't do half as many express or luxury manicures (with mitts). My full standard manicures took 45 mins and I charged £18.

Guess it depends on your customers really doesn't it! Manicures, pedicures and lash extensions were what I did most of.

X

I do mostly waxing, threading, facials and massage. Nails seem to be a seasonal thing. I'm just gutted I can't use my lovely products. At this rate they are going to go off!! xx

Hey there I know what you mean - I hate not using my lovely spa products! Standard manicures and pedicures are the norm with my clients however there are a few that will go for the Almond Spa manicure and the Raw earth pedicure when they feel like some extra pampering :)

It's nearly all Shellac with me, no one wants a manicure!

I never do full/luxury manis and never really had any call for it, do lots of express mani's and all the rest are Shellac or L&P but then again that is what i am known for and get recommended for :)

When I started doing shellac I priced it at a special offer price - the same as a standard manicure (I HATE manicures!).

Result - all manicure clients have converted to shellac! Any new manicure client gets sold shellac instead. Cant remember the last time I did a basic manicure. Gotta love shellac :biggrin:

All manicure clients have converted to shellac! Any new manicure client gets sold shellac instead. Cant remember the last time I did a basic manicure. Gotta love shellac :biggrin:

Same here! If a client comes in wanting a manicure, I suggest Shellac. Who wants to pay $12 for a manicure that chips after a few days when they could pay $20 to have it for 2 weeks?? I offer the hand massage for an additional $5, so that they can feel they're getting a full manicure. But, most don't ask for that; they just want their nails to be beautiful!

Since i went mobile in may I've have mainly done shellac and minx!
I'm so glad now I did it from the start I don't think I'd have any clients otherwise lol I can't remember the last time I did a full manicure, I think I've only done one in the last 6 months!! X

So is the traditional manicure dying out? I can see it, I also find enhancements aren't so popular now. I still haven't bought my Shellac, I'm waiting until I go the the Scottish Beauty Show before purchasing. I hope CND will be there xx

Can't remember the last manicure I did, shellac shellac shellac........all day everyday........xxx

Sighhh, it looks like my nice mani products will need to be relegated to the bottom of a drawer. Either that a promotion to get rid of it all.

Anyone any predictions on whats going to be 'in' for nails next year?? xx

hi guys i do mani and ped for 15€ this is 1 hour and includes mitts and massage with jessica products and i now do the jessica equivlent to shellac for 5€ extra so they still get full mani and ped and its popular.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using SalonGeek

I am struggling with selling manicure & pedicure.

I use beautiful products, foot spa, fab OPI nail varnishes but I think where i am people just don't want to spend money for this service. I am considering shellac... But must save up for it first!

I also invested little fortune in my products and it breaks my heart seeing it all not being used :(

X

I am struggling with selling manicure & pedicure.

I use beautiful products, foot spa, fab OPI nail varnishes but I think where i am people just don't want to spend money for this service. I am considering shellac... But must save up for it first!

I also invested little fortune in my products and it breaks my heart seeing it all not being used :(

X

In just starting out and this is my fear too. That no one will want a mani and polish when thye can go and get a 2-3week polish for the same price :(
So, Im offering girls nail parties, it'll use up my stock of OPI and china glaze and spa mani stuff and let me save up to invest in Gel polish :)
x

Since iv been offering shellac and gelish I haven't done any full manicures and very few pedicures, I think the gel polishes are taking over as people can get longer wear from them, also because they get the nail and cuticle care with the gel polish and hand cream at the end they are only missing out on the exfoliation and massage part. They pay more for the gel but are happy to do and it doesn't take as long to do so more profits for us :) but the manicure and pedicure training is still a must as it teaches you to perfect your polishing which you need to apply the gel polishes and all of the contraindications so it's still very valid training :) x

Actually I havnt done a standard manicure in a while either - because I make them upgrade to luxury :D i don't know how, I just do. I don't offer shellac or a gel polish yet so this might be why x

Most of my mobile clients are for manicures! But these tend to be more elderly clients x

Latest posts

Back