Are Nail Varnishes Still Popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

number1kitty

Reaction score
Don't laugh - I have not done manis/pedis in years. Do the odd set of nails but thats it.

Looking to open a small salon soon and we just purchased SpaRitual at the show but you get 36 varnishes with it.

Are they still really popular or are people more after Minx or Gel overlays?

Hi

dont get put off by minx and gels because they are the current phases that have just come out and celebrities are wearing them.
Stick to the varnishes and come up with some cool nail art.

I have considered minx but as my clients are not wanting them there is no point pushing it onto them. For the ones who do want something like minx i have alternatives.

Coloured gels are just coming in - i'm more of an acrylic girl so i would sticl to my varnishes esp as its not good to mix products and some clients are allergic to gel's.

Don't laugh - I have not done manis/pedis in years. Do the odd set of nails but thats it.

Looking to open a small salon soon and we just purchased SpaRitual at the show but you get 36 varnishes with it.

Are they still really popular or are people more after Minx or Gel overlays?

I cannot imagine anybody having a mani or pedi , without a polish, unless they were not allowed to wear it to work :rolleyes:.I still use mine on clients regularly over acrylic.

Nail Polish or Laquer is a must and no salon should be without it. It is still a very popular choice and there is a huge market for file and polish on fingers and toes as well as on natural extensions - also used for nail art. :)

There will always be a market for nail polish and natural nail care.

As has been it is a must for a successful salon to have a good polish range.

Hi

dont get put off by minx and gels because they are the current phases that have just come out and celebrities are wearing them.
Stick to the varnishes and come up with some cool nail art.

I have considered minx but as my clients are not wanting them there is no point pushing it onto them. For the ones who do want something like minx i have alternatives.

Coloured gels are just coming in - i'm more of an acrylic girl so i would sticl to my varnishes esp as its not good to mix products and some clients are allergic to gel's.

LOL don't say that to me as I was on the phone placing an order for them!! They are out of stock so got to wait until next week!

I am surprised they are not popular in London though. To be honest I have struggled getting them sone here so if I have them and no one else does that may be a bonus.

I am not either or or'ing here just wondering what to bring in. So far, SpaRitual Varnishes & Minx - but still on the fence on the coloured gels.

I decided against minx because every salon around near me is doing it and I have yet to find some1 wearing minx. And because minx lasts 4 weeks plus well I do alot of pedicures and clients come every 4-6 weeks and they are still wearing the nail varnish that I had painted onto there toes. So to me I wasnt introducting anything new just more expense to the client. I have creative polishes and I'm going to buy the new polishes. Painted nails are still popular. Manicures ain't so popular, so many clients keep saying that they are not worth doing cause they keep splitting etc, but once you have a manicure and have them painted they look so much nicer.
Nail varnish is deffo staying around!

i totally agree will be around forever you never stop the basics

I have polish, minx and colour gel,nailart..the whole mix really, to be able to offer and deliver my clients wants and needs.
I can't say that either of them are more popular then the other...just different and it's down to choice and suitability.
:hug:

Latest posts

Back