Are sunbeds now REALLY safe?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha just realised i was sat with a glass of wine in my hand when i wrote that,when i say i dont drink i mean i dont binge drink i might have one every now and then but for a 19 year old id say im basically t-total lol xx

Sent from my X10i

I had skin cancer on my back. My surgeon told me that he could only point at sunbeds being the cause.

I have quite olive skin, I NEVER ever burn, I always wear suntan lotion and as a kid my mum used it on us (even though her friends used to laugh at her).

I used sunbeds for a brief period and the doc could only say that it had to be the factor that did it.

I am not a medic, I have no axe to grind. Yes, I spray tan at the salon, but my post on here is simply to tell you what happened to me and what the doc said.

tigi

a local tanning salon chain up here are really focusing on this 'sunbeds are good for you/vitamin D' thing and play little messages about it in the salon/when your on the sunbeds between music lol and theyve got alot about it on their website here too http://hotsalons.co.uk/tanning-is-good-for-you-114.html

Sun Studio also have leaflets in their shops stating the same!
But we can also get Vit D from foods such as:
Dried Shiitake & button mushrooms,
mackeral, salmon, herrings, sardines, catfish, tuna fish, cod liver oil and a small ammount from eggs?

Latest posts

Back