Are there things you hate doing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessec2000

Reaction score
So had a girl booked in for a curly blow dry today which I don't mind doing .. But when she got here she had this crazy up do pic [emoji37] braids on braids on top of braids

So I struggled through ,wasn't happy with the way it turned out .. But got me thinking I mortally hate doing up dos [emoji53] so much so I would nearly turn down the app..

Are there things you hate doing or even go so far as turn down the appointment ?

I turn down perms all the time, I can't stand doing them. gents I turn away too, hate doing them. youngsters wanting huge colour corrections (when you know they've bleached the crap out of it then box coloured over it & have no intention of maintaining what you do to them) won't do them. I really hate the combing out part after removing extensions too

I turn down perms all the time, I can't stand doing them. gents I turn away too, hate doing them. youngsters wanting huge colour corrections (when you know they've bleached the crap out of it then box coloured over it & have no intention of maintaining what you do to them) won't do them. I really hate the combing out part after removing extensions too
[emoji23] I hate all of these too!! I refuse perms but do basic gents.

I'm worried my daughter will do that if I don't find someone to colour her hair! She text me today when she was out shopping asking if she can buy Cherry Pie semi permanent colour [emoji33] her hair is so thick and hip length.

These are all my personal hates too [emoji23]

I'm worried my daughter will do that if I don't find someone to colour her hair! She text me today when she was out shopping asking if she can buy Cherry Pie semi permanent colour [emoji33] her hair is so thick and hip length.
Oh god no!

[emoji23] I hate all of these too!! I refuse perms but do basic gents.
The only gents I do are my dad, hubby & 2 sons, I put that off untill they look like bush babies too :rolleyes:

I hate trendy men/boys.

I hate beards, is there an easy way to do it?

I dislike hair up because I'm not Patrick Cameron (who'd have guessed?!) and I don't do enough.

I love doing balayage but s*** myself in the run up...

I'd love to do perms and sets (I'm such an old lady hairdresser!) but I think I'd love to do them because I never ever do them.

Not confident with hair up but that's cos I don't do them much.
We don't get a lot of gents either though don't mind doing them. My son needs his done but runs away as soon as he sees my scissors!!:D

I hate brides, refuse point blank. I don't do enough up do's and don't enjoy them.

Refuse weddings as not confident with hair up and absolutely hate perming just find it so boring !!

So do you just say you have no spaces available or just you don't do them ?

I hate brides, refuse point blank. I don't do enough up do's and don't enjoy them.

So would you bother going on a course or just say it's not something your salon offers ?

Just curious as to how other salons handle it [emoji6]

I'm same as op hate hair ups always have always will !!

So do you just say you have no spaces available or just you don't do them ?
I have no spaces for perms (their so impatient usually and won't wait more than a week) I just tell the blokes I don't cut men's hair (that sounds a bit nasty out loud but tough) and I send them to the barbers down the road, colour correction, the ones I don't want to do.. I'll charge for every little individual service involved & let them know s realistic programme I expect them to follow after the appointment, I.efurther appointments, purchase & use products... If they still want to come then I'll do it but they usually don't when the price is up over £100

Total agree with you surf girl .. Even £100 for a massive colour correction is cheap but if there not committed on the after care and follow ups there no point [emoji106]

I'm same as op hate hair ups always have always will !!
What is it that you hate about them ? For me it's the whole prep ..[emoji85] then trying to get the height even at the top ... Yuk yuk yuk !!

I'm gonna do a course just to see if I can. Get any tips to make it easier .. Because I hate turning people away especially if it could lead to another service like a colour [emoji4]

So had a girl booked in for a curly blow dry today which I don't mind doing .. But when she got here she had this crazy up do pic [emoji37] braids on braids on top of braids

So I struggled through ,wasn't happy with the way it turned out .. But got me thinking I mortally hate doing up dos [emoji53] so much so I would nearly turn down the app..

Are there things you hate doing or even go so far as turn down the appointment ?

I hope you charged her extra fro this! I hate it when client book in for one thing and then turn up with a hidden agenda!

I
I hope you charged her extra fro this! I hate it when client book in for one thing and then turn up with a hidden agenda!
i can't remember what, but for some reason I didn't have to do perms as part of my training, was 15 years ago in uk. Maybe has changed. I was able to choose another module, maybe hair up. I knew I'd hate them from seeing them in work experience and so I have the best excuse that I'm not qualified. Even though I could do one. Also don't like hair up but again because I've probably not had enough practise.
I also pretty much refuse to cut without a shampoo and a blow dry. I had a lady last week who wanted a restyle to a graduated bob, no shampoo, no blow dry.

Latest posts

Back