Are there times you don't feel good enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping to do some more training to increase my confidence. I'm going through a debate with myself about my salon at the minute so holding off training until I know costs with what I'm hoping to do.

I definitely think I will benefit from more training, it's just struggling to decide what to do. I'm an awful decision maker lol

I am now going through one of those bad spells now. Last week I done the best I have ever done this week I've done ok but next week I've got no bookings at all!!! :O my salon room has been open a couple of months now and I'm now panicking to the point I can sleep right I'm over eating coz that's what I do when I'm stressed! I'm seriously freaking out as I've got rent to pay aswell as make some money to replace products!!! I'm praying I get some bookings today or tomorrow for next week!!!fingers crossed

Why are women so hard on ourselves?

I think dpoppy is right and as you get older you tend not to be as self critical or at least try to be...I blame hormones.

Can't live with them and can't live without them.

I'm with you on this girls I don't have self belief even though I know I'm a good therapist I'm not confident enough to promote myself! Even considered a career change because i get so fed up with myself. Just try and keep in mind those compliments clients give you,that's what I'm trying to do. Keep smiling :D
We all have a game face don't we

i had two hours of hot stone massage in my column yesterday which i dread doing as I've never thought i was good at it. but both clients said how much they enjoyed it, tipped me and one of them booked to come back to me for another hot stone massage. so that really cheered me up and restored my confidence (a little!).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

So true! I no I'm a good beautician now as I've gained so much confidence with it in the last couple of months. I haven't had no bookings for the following week since I've started. I'm now thinking about getting a business coach. Someone who nos the business and how to make a success of things. What are your thoughts on getting one anybody?

The compliments are great and I find they give me a virtual pat on the back, but then I'll get a client go "oh my nails are fantastic thanks. But they started lifting and just came off..." and I'm like, right so was it my fault?

Happened with the woman this morning. One off yesterday when she popped in, today all but 3 were off, and they apparently just lifted. So now my brain is whirring away and I'm trying to work out what I did wrong.

However I did accept a compliment last week and said thank you, so that was an achievement for me :o lol

the only way to feel more confident is to keep doing nails. Dont just keep doing courses and doing the odd set of nails, get yourselves out there and start working and earning! Each set that you do you will start to feel more confident and find new and easier ways of doing things as you go along. Charge enough to cover your costs and make a little aswell and then as you feel you are getting better you start to put your prices up. No different to when you go to the hairdressers and you have different price bands for Trainees right up to Senior Stylists, this is because as they are getting better and doing more advanced training it has to reflect in their prices.

Still do your courses as there is always something to learn but at least be earning some money to pay for them! NOt only that the next time you go on a course you will be able to ask your educator questions about problems you may have been having.

I have been doing nails on and off for 15 years and i still doubt myself BUT i keep going in the knowledge that each set is that little bit better. I dont do many enhancements so every now and then i do a set on myself to keep my hand in so to speak.

Remember also that you can't watch your clients when they leave....I always tell mine that the aftercare advice is important to get the best from their treatment! If you tell them it saves them money by looking after them I find they listen more! Lol

You have to forgive me, but i feel people need to buck up! We're in a service industry where our spirits can be lifted and altered juding by a clients mood. Confidence takes time to build up and i feel eductation is important. If your still doubting your abilities, its the butterflies of this industry to perfect what we do, its not a bad thing to want more. hope theses words of encouragement realise your own potential! xoxo

Latest posts

Back