Are these any better ? ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle

Reaction score
you are using too much product. try to work in smaller beads.

i notice also that you have product too near the skin ,so be sure to leave a bigger margin.

when you have worked out these 2 issues, then there will be less filing to do so you'll be able to acheive a smoother finish more easily.

i hope this gives you a few pointers for your next set, things will improve everytime you do another set.:)

I agree....there is too much product there...zone 3 needs to be very thin and flush to the nail. There are quite a few bubbles and lumps. Don't stress...keep practising and you will get there..we all started off the same way. well done for posting x

I agree with what the others have said and also you might want to make the smile lines a little more 'smiley' they look a little :cry: also make sure your shape is consistant. Keep practicing and keep uploading photos of your work for us to see. :hug:

Last edited:
Good for you for posting! Keep these pics to look back on. I have a set of pics that were from my very first set and they keep me going when I'm frustrated with a new technique.

The above advice is spot on. It may be worth taking some time to practice on tips to get a feel for the size beads you want to use. I used to draw a line on them to mimic where the cuticle would be and then practice getting the bead as close as possible and still leave a tiny free margin.

Also, it's always harder to work on yourself. Keep up the good practicing!

S

i totally agree with whats been said.they go look abit bumpy and quite thick but this this will all come in time.i also think that you could do with less white and more pink as this will balance out the nail better.
practise doing different size beads on a paper towl or something and do 5 different size beads this is what i did and it helped me alot.
just remember that you have only just started so try not to get to frustrated.it will get easier with practise,i promise.
i cant wait to see more pics.xx

I'm so sorry to say this, but no. Just like everyone else said, they are to thick. The smile lines are really off and the nails are extremely bumpy. Take a look at my sculptured nails in my album, mine are way off too!! Don't get discouraged though just keep practicing I also have a very long way to go keep posting your pics that's a very brave thing to do.

hi ya i had alot of trouble in the beginning and am still learning, what i did was got some old full well tips or you could get some cheap ones and blue tacked onto a pencil and practiced my smile lines on them and also applying the pink making sure was thick, i still do this from time to time, i found it helped alot.

hi ya i had alot of trouble in the beginning and am still learning, what i did was got some old full well tips or you could get some cheap ones and blue tacked onto a pencil and practiced my smile lines on them and also applying the pink making sure was thick, i still do this from time to time, i found it helped alot.

Did you mean 'was not too thick' ? (i hope) :hug:

opps sorry yes that is what i meant making sure NOT too thick.

Hiya hon well done for posting, everything the other geeks said is so right. Your own nails are the hardest, keep going babe

yeah in my opinion your beads are too wet, and your white looks weird... what product do you use?
a little more filing on the sides of the nails would help too... but keep on posting :):)

Latest posts

Back