Are these bruises?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
I've just removed Gelish from my toes which ive had on for about 8 weeks & I've discovered what looks to me like bruising on one big toe going up the side of the nail & then a brown mark at the cuticle on the other big toe nail . The brown mark was not underneath the gelish though as the gelish had already grown up before this appeared. Any ideas on what they could be please as I was going to re apply gelish but I'm not sure if I should leave them for a while now so I can keep an eye on them both. Thanks in advance. X
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1379948023228.jpg
    1379948023228.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 483
  • 1379948035506.jpg
    1379948035506.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 494
  • 1379948044178.jpg
    1379948044178.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 462
Hmm how odd that one toenail only has the smallest mark. Have you any other symptoms? Itching? Puss etc? It looks like it could be a bruise or an infection or air trapped under the nail of the plate is slightly loose? Best to leave them clean until you have an answer I would say

It's weird as I don't have any other symptoms. Could they both be bruises from badly fitting shoes?

It's weird as I don't have any other symptoms. Could they both be bruises from badly fitting shoes?

I was going to suggest this. I've had one personally, and seen it in clients, where shoes put too much pressure on the big toe and the nail bruises.
It would still be wise to get it checked out.

We don't offer gel on toes anymore, having heard some horror stories I decided to stop it & explain to customers my reasons. I believe a good quality nail varnish is enough for toes & as its easier to remove people are more likely to change it more often therefore picking up on any problems much sooner (this is of course just my little old opinion)

Very possible, just odd pattern and the eponychuim area looks a bit irritated?! As you said keep an eye for a few days and see what you think easier to see what's going on if they are exposed. X

We don't offer gel on toes anymore, having heard some horror stories I decided to stop it & explain to customers my reasons. I believe a good quality nail varnish is enough for toes & as its easier to remove people are more likely to change it more often therefore picking up on any problems much sooner (this is of course just my little old opinion)

Really valid point, my experience what little of it- has always been toes are kept on far too long and are in quite a state by the next appointment- people like to get their money's worth that's for sure! Months and months sometimes!

I did it to my own once, it was because I had left it too long before removal and the length of the nail was too much for my shoes - it grew out

I always wear gelish on my toes & ive never had this before. The reason I wonder if it's to do with my shoes is because I remember saying to my mum that my big toe nails hurt they felt abit tender but I didn't expect to see anything when I removed the gelish as the shoes I've worn before but I've never had this before

One of my clients lost 2 smaller nails but she never liked her toenails cutting down and would have them soaked off and reapplied. She asked if it could be due to the gel polish/rockstars but I said I couldn't see how as I would've thought all nails would be affected x

The pics look like its a pseudomona. Did you have any area of lifting of the gel?

The pics look like its a pseudomona. Did you have any area of lifting of the gel?

No not that I could see, they still seemed pretty stuck on when I removed them

Latest posts

Back