Are these prices for real?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammej85

Reaction score
Ok so I'm nosying round Living Social to see if there are any hair deals at the mo when I come across a Shellac deal. I click through to check the website out and there's a pretty standard pricing of £25 for Shellac, a slightly high (IMO) pricing of £30 for Callus peel, but then I click on waxing...

£2.00 for eyebrows!!!
£1.00 top lip!!!
£9.00 FULL leg!!!
£10 brazillian what the...?!

Also eyebrows, upper lip, chin, sides of face costs £6.75 as individual treatments, but a 'full face wax' costs £7

Was this therapist high when pricing up?

I know there is a lot of talk of people charging silly prices, but 50p for threading the top lip? £22 for a FULL BODY massage?

I don't bel-ieve it! (Said in my best Victor Meldrew voice)!

I've a local salon charging.

eyebrow wax £3.50
lip wax £3.00
chin wax £3.00
lip&chin wax £5.00
underam wax £6.00
1/2 leg wax £10.00
full leg wax £15.00
standard bikini wax £ 6.00
californain bikini £9.00
brazilian bikini £12.00
hollywood wax £15.00
eye brow tint £3.00
eyelash tint £6.00
eyebrow wax,tint&eyelash tint £10.00
eyelash perm £25.00
file & polish £6.00

manicure £14.00
pedicure £14.00
Gel overlay £20.00
Gel extensions £25.00

full body massage £30.00
back massage £14.00
Facial £ 25.00

And they had Gelish on at 10 this week!!!

It's rediclous isn't it?!!

Ok so I'm nosying round Living Social to see if there are any hair deals at the mo when I come across a Shellac deal. I click through to check the website out and there's a pretty standard pricing of £25 for Shellac, a slightly high (IMO) pricing of £30 for Callus peel, but then I click on waxing...

£2.00 for eyebrows!!!
£1.00 top lip!!!
£9.00 FULL leg!!!
£10 brazillian what the...?!

Also eyebrows, upper lip, chin, sides of face costs £6.75 as individual treatments, but a 'full face wax' costs £7

Was this therapist high when pricing up?

I know there is a lot of talk of people charging silly prices, but 50p for threading the top lip? £22 for a FULL BODY massage?

I don't bel-ieve it! (Said in my best Victor Meldrew voice)!

Sorry, not laughing at the content but the high comment and victor meldrew bit made me lol :)

Holy moo! :0 I think you should ask her if she was indeed high!! x

Personally this kinda thing doesnt get to me, on the other side of where i live, there is a massive price difference and price war.

When you predominantly have areas where industry training for beauty, hair and other trades, you will find an influx of competition. I set my own prices, looked at my area and the disposable income that would incur, i worked out what profit each treatment would give me, along with tax etc.

Some rural areas can afford to be higher in my opinion, but in cities and strong ties to beauty colleges, there is always a price war. Im not shocked at these prices, i think if they do a good job for the money they set and earn then its worthwhile. Im an avid fan for students and new trainee, so what if their prices are lower, they're learning and expanding on buisness accuman.

I will also admit, that price in the past has effected my choice of treatment when i was a student, i would go bargin hunting for what i could afford, if i couldnt do it myself, knowing the pros and cons of recieving cheaper treatments, some were good, and some so so bad. However this hasnt affected my judgement on people who do living social or other deals, i commend then for trying out a different stragery for getting business. Just a flip side to the deals xoxo

Yeah to be honest, as a student, I would go for a cheaper place BUT I'd have to do a really small treatment to test them out first.

I really don't think area has anything to do with these prices, I think it's just individuals being in price wars which have clearly gotten out of hand :/ x

Latest posts

Back