Are you for Capital Punishment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the worst punishment for a peadophile would be to lock them in a room with the mother of the child and tell her she can do what she likes, i know i could do some serious damage with my bare hands if anyone ever touched or hurt one of my kids,
i do think the death penalty should be brought back for murderers etc as long as it is 100% they are guilty, as for drug dealers, i know from my own prsonal experience that the cases etc against drug dealers is not always as black and white as they seem, and sometimes it is an innocent person punished
holliejayne said:
My thoughts exactly too. paedophiles especially should be hung drawn and quatered in my opinion.

i can see this thread heading down a closed route coz its already getting my back up, if people dont believe in certain things you cant slag em for it, i havent had a go at anyone who doesnt believe in it , but ... when i am one of those who is callled heartless it pees me off !!!!
i knew a little lad who was kidnapped and raped with a gun to his head, and the guy who did it got 4 years in prison , do you know how old the boy was ????? he was 3 so why should that bloke be given the right to go do it again , and again and again , if you do a crime you shoudl take the punishment !!!

totally agree with you Dee...

there will never be a happy compromise with a subject like this... we will all differ with our opinions whether they are based on our thoughts or past experiences.
whoever called you heartless needs to rethink that decision, we're all entitled to an opinion, but getting personal is too much (IMO).

why does this always happen...maybe we should apply the same rules on this site as we do to salon talk...no money, politics or religion...i don't think name calling is called for at all...i know feelings are strong on this but it is possible to get your points across without being rude and calling people names.

Dee...i think your fab xx

awww thanks hunny , :Love: xxxx

tilly said:
He should be punished for what he did, but not the death penalty maybe life imprisonment. WHO ARE WE TO PLAY GOD AND DECIDE WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES.
hUBBY hERE,
I Have just Returned From A Candle Vigil For Van.
How many Of You Say You Believe In God????
Your A Pack Of Hypocrites.
Maybe We Should Bring Back the Rack & Torture All You Heartless *astards???
Get A Life & Judge Not.
Let He Without Sin Cast The First Stone.
Theres One Thing Wrong In This World & Thats People Like You, Because Its People Like You That Make People Like Me Use Drugs!!!
I Have Been Clean & Sober For Over 3 Years & Have To Say The Druggires Are Nicer People Than The Ankles Who Talk The Talk But Wouldnt Know How To Walk tHe Walk:Scared:

Maybe the druggies are nice people, no one disputed that, but obviously you were once hooked to have been "clean for 3 years". Therefore, you must understand that drug pushers and traffickers are evil people and you would not have been hooked if it was not for them, so why would you not want them punished, and as it's already been said... he knew the law in this country and still chose to do it, a bit like pop pervert Gary ... in my opinion he deserves what he gets too

as for the lethal injection ... apparently it hurts like hell!!! but i don't care.

maybe the "ultimate punishment" should be chosen by the victim or the victim's family if the victim is dead. and if they choose to waiver the death penalty then the murderer, rapist or peodophile should be kept in prison for life (and life should mean life). (for instance in some cases, a murder can be carried out on the spur of the moment when someone "snaps" and maybe this is not seen as bad as a planned murder, although will still warrant life imprisonment, like in America where they have different degrees of murder)

it always seems to me that the people that bang on about criminal's human rights have never been on the receiving end of something this terrible. and just because you have a death penalty does not mean you are being unchristian. Christianity is about forgiving someone in your heart, not letting them go free when they've committed a crime. Hence why, although Anthony Walker's mum has made a public announcement that she forgives his killers, it does not mean she does not want them to spend their life in prison. They will have to make their own peace with God before they meet him (which will hopefully be sooner rather than later)

I too feel this is a very touchy and difficult topic. If someone had done ANYTHING bad to my family I would have wished them dead, tortured etc... I know it for sure. BUT I also know that IF some of my family had done anything bad to others, I could never wished them dead... Maybe we have to remember there is a "loving mum" at every side... Don't know, but I don't think I want death penalty (right word???) back again. I believe in longer and harder punishment: No TV, healthy, but not the best-tasting food (like cakes, sweets etc.) food, real "body-work". Don't know how the prison is here in UK, but in Norway the prisoners can take a higher education without any loan (I had to take loan to go to University)... In Norway the criminals WANT to go to jail, it's better there than at the streets...

Cec.

we all have varied view on this but this thread is about our own opinions but i dont like the fact that a thread calling people names and swearing is having an adult discussion on a subjct....we are all entitled to our own opinion yes but you shouldnt chastise or swear because you dont have the same opinion.
we are not hear playing god we are voicing opinions.

no offence but people like us tilly do not make people like you take drugs...that is freedom of choice..your choice. people have horrid horrid lives and terrible things happen to them and these people do not nesseseraly take drugs and maybe for the ones that do its the sick people we are talking about play a part in this...not normal people like us who just seak just punishment for the peoples lives they take away.
please keep this thread passionate about our opinions but not offensive and lower ourselves to use swearing and name calling.
i honor your views and experiences but we on here didnt diserve such bitter words.....we are adults

I hate drug dealers.....they are making money out of ruining peoples lives.......

Anyway getting back on subject.....capital punishment.......oh god yes, bring it back.........for murders and child molesters........or stick them in a room wiv me, death would be an easier option! With todays scientfic evidence they can find out 100% or near enough if a person is guilty and why should us honest tax payers pay for the like of Ian Huntley to stay in prison with all the mod cons........

Its not a case of playing god or an eye for an eye, its called justice......and alot of criminals get away with it......

If you do the crime then you must be prepared to pay the price.......and do the time

Amanda

*JOANNE* said:
we all have varied view on this but this thread is about our own opinions but i dont like the fact that a thread calling people names and swearing is having an adult discussion on a subjct....we are all entitled to our own opinion yes but you shouldnt chastise or swear because you dont have the same opinion.
we are not hear playing god we are voicing opinions.

no offence but people like us tilly do not make people like you take drugs...that is freedom of choice..your choice. people have horrid horrid lives and terrible things happen to them and these people do not nesseseraly take drugs and maybe for the ones that do its the sick people we are talking about play a part in this...not normal people like us who just seak just punishment for the peoples lives they take away.
please keep this thread passionate about our opinions but not offensive and lower ourselves to use swearing and name calling.
i honor your views and experiences but we on here didnt diserve such bitter words.....we are adults

Good point Jo.

Maybe, if life meant life, with no parole, we wouldn't even need a death penalty and that would suit everyone.

dee said:
obviously a nice person calling us b**tards !!!! really church going type behaviour ,

Hubby Here
Can't Stand Religion As Its full Of Hypocrites Who Judge & When Challenged Go Crying To Mummy

Murderers said:
Hubby Here,
No Paedophiles Deserve To Be Castrated & Have their Private Parts Cut Off Including Women!!!
Did You Know Women Also Abuse Children????
My Aunty Abused Me.
Like I Said Study What You Say Because NO-ONE Is Innocent.
If You Believe In The Death Penalty You Are Playing God & That Makes You An Hypocrite.
Let He/She Without Sin CaST tHE fIRST sTONE...cAps Lock.
Sometimes The Truth Hurts But Never Judge Unless You Have Been There, I HAVE!!

tilly said:
Hubby Here
Can't Stand Religion As Its full Of Hypocrites Who Judge & When Challenged Go Crying To Mummy
cant stand religion????... read your first post your totally contradicting what you wrote then

Is anyone else getting a bit uncomfortable with all this now? I think Joanne was right, we all have our own opinions and there is no need to get vicious or personal about it. I have put my opinion across and I am prepared for others to agree or disagree. We arent all gonna say "yeah i agree well done" to the first person who gives their view on such a controversial subject, people will have their own strong beliefs and views. At the end of the day, not one of us has the actual power to change the law so what harm is there in giving your opinion, as long as its done in a constructive way and not being nasty to other people or calling them names?

yes bring it back!!!!

caz xxx

harvey said:
Is anyone else getting a bit uncomfortable with all this now? I think Joanne was right, we all have our own opinions and there is no need to get vicious or personal about it. I have put my opinion across and I am prepared for others to agree or disagree. We arent all gonna say "yeah i agree well done" to the first person who gives their view on such a controversial subject, people will have their own strong beliefs and views. At the end of the day, not one of us has the actual power to change the law so what harm is there in giving your opinion, as long as its done in a constructive way and not being nasty to other people or calling them names?
hear hear hun!!!

Is this Tilly's husband making the posts...?

NailStyle said:
Is this Tilly's husband making the posts...?
i think it is angie....

Tilly My Wife Never Used Drugs Ever!!!
Apparently I am Supposed To Appologise But You Who Have Never Experienced The Hurts You Are Going On About Have No Idea At All.
Like I Have Said, age 3 abused by aunty, Age 5 family divorced, Age 9 Nanna Murdered, Age 14 Preyed Upon By Male paedophile, Age 16-31 Active drug addiction, heroin, speed, booze, pills.
Now 35 And Been Clean & Sober For 3 & Half Years & Forgive Those That Hurt Me Because I Know they Will Get Theirs On The Other Side.
This Young Man was 22 yrs old when caught & geez at 22 I was In The Navy & Sticking needles In My arm Because the pain of my life was to much to bear, why should the bastards that hurt me get to die???? When I Wanted To!!!
I Went To A Vigil Tonight For Van Tuong Nguyen, Not Because I Agree With what He Did But Because I Know People Can Confess their "Sins" & Be Forgiven & feel Genuinely Sorry For what they Did, I Believe Van Is One Of These & For The Nazi Government Of Singapore Not To Allow His Mum To Give Him A Hug Is A ***kin Joke.
Death Is To Easy & That Is Gods Job Not Ours!!!
Talk the Talk Only If You Have walked The Walk, Sincere Appologys For My Rudeness.
Please Forgive Van & Say A Pray Instead Of Thinking Your God Cos You Aint.
I was Born In Bolton But Have Lived In The Racist Country Of Australia For 20 Odd Years.
If You Cant Say Something Forgiving dont say nothing because you can actually hurt the Victims with Your Judgemental Words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back