Are you VTCT trained?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helpimlost

Reaction score
Do you remember how long it took from handing in your portfolios until you got your certificates?

Trying to forward plan, I dont finish college until June but would like to know when i'll actually be qualified from.

I have seen courses id like to do but they all want proof of quals so cant even think about booking onto them.

i ualified in june last yr & it was november when i got my certificates!!! your portfolio will be proof of your qualification x

Do you not have to hand in your portfolio? or do they just send away your books?

I am VTCT trained, our courses all ended in June and I reckon I got them around the end of August. Our tutor marked our portfolios unless they had to be externally verified then it was only chosen ones, my reflexology portfolio was chosen and I got my certificate in the September. Depends on the college I guess :)

My college gave us all letters on college letter-headed paper, stating that so-and-so had recently completed a course in level 2/3 beauty therapy etc, and that a prospective employer was to consider the letter proof of the qualification, until certificates were issued.

Just gives you something to prove your competence in the space of time you're waiting for your certificate to be issued. Perhaps your college can do something similar for you?

My college gave us all letters on college letter-headed paper, stating that so-and-so had recently completed a course in level 2/3 beauty therapy etc, and that a prospective employer was to consider the letter proof of the qualification, until certificates were issued.

Just gives you something to prove your competence in the space of time you're waiting for your certificate to be issued. Perhaps your college can do something similar for you?

Our tutor said the college would have done the same too (that was a few years ago), might be worth asking them :) Don't see why they can't ?!

Yes mine took quite a long time to come (more than 3 months I think) but our tutor gave us letters so we were able to get insurance almost straight away.

Hi you are qualified from the day that your tutor notifies VTCT, with your course finishing in June it usually takes about 3 months to get your certificate as the awarding bodies have a high demand due to majority of courses finishing, this varies during the year depending when your course finishes. Your tutor will be able to provide you with written evidence so that you can go onto further courses.

Latest posts

Back