Quantcast

argh..i've lost my striping powers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Fab Freak

Reaction score
...I did some nails on myself the other day and I just couldn't acheive a lovely dainty thin line....think I have brain block and work from the pots of acrylic paint direct, but this was never a problem before...any ideas or tips anyone pleassseee

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Fab Freak said:
...I did some nails on myself the other day and I just couldn't acheive a lovely dainty thin line....think I have brain block and work from the pots of acrylic paint direct, but this was never a problem before...any ideas or tips anyone pleassseee
One thing i learn't when training is to dip a piece of cotton in paint and then place onto nail, And peel off carefully. You will then get a perfect line :cool:

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
hi maybe your paint has gone claggy , mine did when i used the pots, and it affected my strips , hth

Fab Freak

Reaction score
yeah a couple had I i thinned them out with o2 but these stripes were done with a good fluid consistancy - so only god knows what I did wrong :rolleyes:

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
you making sure you are laying the striping brush on the nail rather than using the tip of it?

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
I find if you use a cocktail stick to give them a good stir it helps sometimes.Also i take a few bristles off even though they are thin, but i find it really helps to get those thin lines. Just a thought.

Love the cotton idea, definately woulg get thin ones with that. You are a mine of little tipsaren't you Lesley?? :)

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Hi,
I had a similar problem recently .. took me a while to realise that my trusty old striper had developed a slight 'kink' in it :rolleyes:
Just something to check on!

Latest posts