Arghh! Bio Sculpture...what am I doing wrong?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francesca0278

Reaction score
Hello,

Hope somebody can help me! I did the training with Bio Sculpture last week. Just done my first set, fully prepped and followed the stages in the tech's manual to do a beautiful clear french nno - everything looked fantastic!! BUT...after checking the nails after 5 minutes, a couple of the nails had something strange going on in the middle. It didn't look like bubbles, can only describe it as looking a bit like smudged polish or possibly cracking??! I removed the top coat and buffed again...still there so I applied and cured another coat of clear gel...still there so buffed again and applied the top coat again and it's still there on a couple of nails.

I can't understand it, my application was perfect, perfect smile lines etc etc

Any advice very much apreciated!

Thanks,

Francesca
x

did you apply tips...or is this a NNO

Did you cure correctly? Are your lamps new? If it's in the middle was it where you built structure? Could be you needed to cure longer at this stage if it was quite liberally applied.

It was a natural nail overlay, no tips and as I was just practising on my mum and it was geting late I didn't do a build. My lamp is the one I got in my bio sculpture kit so its brand new. Do you need to warm the lamp up or is it good to go as soon as you switch it on?

To be honest, I'm having a little bit of trouble remembering the exact steps from the course and when to buff/ wipe and when not to but this is what I did last night:

1. fully prepped and dehydrated nails, appplied exec base coat, cured for 4 and lightly buffed, wipe around cuticles with cleanser to remove dust

2. thin layer of clear gel, cured for 2 mins (4 fingers, then thumb)

3. buffed free edge and applied thin smile line, cured for 2 mins

4. applied 2nd coat of smile line to free edge and cured for another 2 mins

5. buffed to blend smile line, wiped with cleanser

6. finished with layer of s-gel and cured for 2 minutes

7. wiped with cleanser and finished with glossy top coat

At this point I was extemley proud of myself but within 5 minutes a couple of the nails had these marks in them...

The only other thing I can think of is that my mum doesn't have the nails and some of them are slightly ridged but I was careful to make sure I prepped the nais properly.

Thanks for all your help

xxxx

Try it without buffing - you can cover the ridge of the white by building up with the s gel.
you shouldn't really be sanitising between layers as each helps the next adhere. if you still have problems give them a call - they are always really helpful. hth's

Latest posts

Back