Arguing with my sister over botox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i have to say tho it mite not be many pleoples intention i am quite offended i am a beauty therapist and i am trainned to carry out botox and fillers. i think wot must be looked at is the trainning one gets. my course was nearly 6 months all togeather and although we went through a lot of the things a nurse would do i am still a beauty therapist just a highy trained one. also alot of wot we do on a beauty therapist course is the same a wot a nurse would do (on a propper course not one of those 2 day things). i have to say none of my clients have a problem with me not being a trainned nurse and come back to me time and time again due to my indepth knowlage about the treatment that i got from the course and keeping up to date by reading books and using the internet. at the end of the day a nurse would still have to do a course to learn how to do botox and thats all i did with just a little extra bit covering cirtain things that a nurse would have learnt during there basic trainning. so therfore i say i am just a well trainned on the treatment of botox being a beauty therapist ans a nurse.

Chazz,

I'm sure you're a very good beauty therapist but...er

1. What happens if the patient experiences complications. You have zero medical training?

2. Are you insured? I was under the impression that no-one will insure a non-medically trained person.

3. The BMA states that any botox treatment must be done by a medically trained person, following consultation with a prescriber. You are neither.

Well then your practice is illegal! Plain and simple and you are putting the public at risk. If there is any doubt to the legalities contact the MHRA. I find your post and practice appauling.

Yep. spot on....

Hello i have to say tho it mite not be many pleoples intention i am quite offended i am a beauty therapist and i am trainned to carry out botox and fillers. i think wot must be looked at is the trainning one gets. my course was nearly 6 months all togeather and although we went through a lot of the things a nurse would do i am still a beauty therapist just a highy trained one. also alot of wot we do on a beauty therapist course is the same a wot a nurse would do (on a propper course not one of those 2 day things). i have to say none of my clients have a problem with me not being a trainned nurse and come back to me time and time again due to my indepth knowlage about the treatment that i got from the course and keeping up to date by reading books and using the internet. at the end of the day a nurse would still have to do a course to learn how to do botox and thats all i did with just a little extra bit covering cirtain things that a nurse would have learnt during there basic trainning. so therfore i say i am just a well trainned on the treatment of botox being a beauty therapist ans a nurse.

Chazz,

Nursing degree (yes, all nurses these days are qualified to university degree level) = 3 years of medical training.

Nearly 6 months of training for you. See what I mean?

If you trust some of these nurses, then good luck. The courses they bang on about and their skill.

Go down to your local Hospital or your GP practice, the rather large framed lady is an RGN in mine, she struggles with taking your blood pressure, and a few other things. She can go on the 1 day course and do botox? no thanks.

I would not have a Nurse touch me, but that's up to me.

Su x

Would you rather the 17 yr old Junior Hair Stylist did it then?

Would you rather the 17 yr old Junior Hair Stylist did it then?

What a strange person, who constantly replies to their own post. Is this a regional thing?

Stranger thing is it would help if you read what people said before you quote...

I said Doctor or Surgeon only, can you understand this. xxxx

Su x

What a strange person, who constantly replies to their own post. Is this a regional thing?

Stranger thing is it would help if you read what people said before you quote...

I said Doctor or Surgeon only, can you understand this. xxxx

Su x

Umm. I havent replied to any of my own posts. If you check, you'll find that all the replies quoted other peoples post.

Not that it matters anyway does it?

Or is it you think you are superior somehow because you're from London? (You brought up the regional thing not me).

I think we're done here... take it to the PM's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back