Arm waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthlm

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I have qualified in waxing, strip wax doing facial hair, legs, underarms, and bikini, I am going through things just now to sort out my pricing, and when looking at others pricelists, a lot include arm waxing, I was wondering if this was something I could include, having never been trained in working in this area ( although the same principles would apply I would have thought ) don't want to be doing anything I shouldnt, many thanks, ruth x

I wouldnt suggest trying this out on clients if you havent been shown the techniques by a professional, maybe you could ask the trainer you had if she or he could demonstrate how to do it correctly??

When I did my waxing part of the course we asked our trainer to show us and it was a good bit tricker than what we thought esp with the placement of the arm and wax removal when doing the upper arm (one girl got hit in the side of her face during removal o_O).

I think if you were able to demonstrate to your trainer that you could carry out the treatment competently that it is ok to use in salon practice, please someone correct me if im wrong but thats what I was told.

Anyway waffling aside I think its better to be safer than sorry, hth

Xx

hey this was one of the most popular areas for us to wax in a previous job of mine. soo many ppl are conscious of that area, as the above comment says it is a tad tricky the first time, as you have to support the arm, place the wax, strecth the skin and be sure not to apply too much wax at once - i find .. as i tend to then stretch the skin and stick my fingers to the wax on the other side, as the area is so small
hope this makes sense, i usually do it with clint seated and towel t protect their clothes
its quick and easy peasy after that, 10 mins
some clients want hands done too, again tend to blend it so inconspicuous
be sure to attempt to blend it in to upper arm area, so no harsh lines and bend the elbow up so can get those few hairs
i have had mone done twice over 5 years ago , when training and to this day my hair growth is minimal
ppl who say it grown back darker are mistaken, it varies from person to person
hope my jabbering makes sense!
jenn

thanks for the replies girls....I am sure my trainer would go over it quickly for me, I have another course booked with her in march for eastern facial massage, sure she will show my quickly.
Jenn, how would you blend?? trim the hair?? as with the wax theres no way of taking just half the hair away, x ruth

theres no way of taking just half the hair away
Hi - if you put the wax on the strip - not the skin - and then 'dab' it on you can take some of the hair away and achieve blending. You might want to practice a bit on a model! hth? J.

Hi - if you put the wax on the strip - not the skin - and then 'dab' it on you can take some of the hair away and achieve blending. You might want to practice a bit on a model! hth? J.

Aha, I see, that's great thankyou!! yes will definately practice a bit, just to find some willing models lol, thanks again!

yes thats what i meant by blending, thanks above and beyond, never remember which threads ive left comments on and cannot figure out how to trace them etc....newbie!!
aswell as doing that blending upper arm im just cautious to make sure it is not a severe straight line,take futher from inner arm, leave a few softly at outer arm, if the client so wants, nobody wants a ruler straight hair line here , screams WAX, particularly men and those dark haired individuals,
same with a man , when waxing their upper back/shoilders i try to belnd the wax into the front chest hair, so its softer more natural looking, hope this makes sense, obviously get client to check
??
its fun!

thanks jenifer, good tips, x

Latest posts

Back