Artistic Colour Gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca153

Reaction score
Hi everyone- first ever post so apologies if I'm doing this completely wrong!lol.

Just want to know if there's many others out there using Artistic Colour Gloss? I have been searching through the threads but it doesn't seem as popular as other brands. The reason I'm asking is because I'm a fully qualified beauty therapist and have just recently completed a gel polish course using Artistic and I've began to build up my kit however Ive been asked by so many people if I'm using Gelish and its starting to throw me off because most salons near me also just use Gelish, i had a nosey at their range and they look amazing!

Starting to second guess my choices as I don't think the colour range is as appealing and I'm scared some clients may be put off if I use a brand they aren't familiar with. What are your experiences like with Artistic? Is it popular with your clients and how do you feel about the colour range? Xx

I use some ACG alongside Gelish and CND Shellac. I like it and they have some lovely colours and Louellabelle is a good distributor.
ACG is made by the same company as Gelish and you can use Gelish colours with the ACG base and topcoat if you wanted to try some out.
Personally I wouldn't want to be just the same as everyone else and using ACG can set you apart from your competition. Have you any marketing material from them, that can help.

Do you find that your ACG colours are just as popular and also as long lasting as Gelish?
I agree that the ACG colours are lovely but I feel Gelish just has a slight edge over them. I didn't realise you could use them together, that would be a really good idea to see what all the fuss really is about.

I think because I'm starting out on my own for the first time Im lacking a bit of confidence and am overthinking my choices too much. Thanks for your help!

I use ACG as well. I made the choice over shellac and I'm really happy with it. There were a few quirks I had to figure out on my own, but the more I practice the more I love it! It wears great on my clients also!

I love Shellac however had a couple of clients who didn't get along with it, tried a few other brands including IBD, Gel 2, a few others, then found ACG, and I love it ! its working well with my ladies who had trouble with shellac, its a nice formula and glides on nicely and the pro 30 lamp is great :) am slowing getting more colours in to use along side my Shellac now

Although I use and love ACG, I think it doesn't stand on its own as well as some other brands do. It doesn't have the market penetration, and I think its colours, although very fashion forward, don't meet everyone's needs. And the little sample dots really don't give a good sense of the color. I never buy ACG online, only in person, so I can see the colour. I've always had ACG as a second or third brand. We've used ACG along with Gelish very successfully since they come from the same parent company and Gelish says its base and top coats can be used with other gel polish brands.

Thank you so much for your honest opinions ladies! I do agree that I don't feel the colour range would not meet everyone's needs. I think I will purchase the gelish starter kit and try and use them along side each other. Fingers crossed all of the money invested will be worth it :)

i know im a bit late jumping on this thread, but does anyone know if I use my gelish base and top coat with an artistic colour coat, can I still cure this in my gelish 5.45 lamp?

What colours do ACG not do? When compared to shellac for example they have a wide, varied colour and finish range. What customers do you think would not be happy with the ACG shades?

What colours do ACG not do? When compared to shellac for example they have a wide, varied colour and finish range. What customers do you think would not be happy with the ACG shades?

Compared to CND Shellac's 93 colors, ACG has a lot at 126. But compared to Gelish's 212+ or OPI's 220+, ACG has far fewer. And ACG tends to release 4-6 colors four times a year, compared to Gelish's seven polishes four to six times a year, or OPI's 18 in its Starlight Collection or 15 in the Venice Collection. ACG covers each of the major color families, but doesn't have a lot of variety within them. ACG colors tend to be a bit muted and they don't have as many of the brights, neon or toppers that Gelish or OPI has. Don't get me wrong, I love ACG and use it a lot, but it just isn't my primary brand.

Latest posts

Back