Artistic Rock Hard vs Acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using Rock Hard- no problems, easy to use, NO HEAT SPIKES in my LED lamp OR my UV lamp! Love it!

I have used many brands of hard gel, is the application still the same with the Hard Rock? Would you use the clear brush on as a base, or go straight to the building gels and finish with the clear brush on as a top coat?x

Clear brush on as base, then builder etc. We had our salon training last week & that's what we were told.

We have now placed orders for Artistic to phase out CND in all 4 salons. 2 have transitioned, 2 to go. It is my aspiration to be CND free in 1 week woooohooooo!!

100+ treatments & everyone is happy.

It IS harder than brisa, we seem to have less breakages & we can also make the enhancements a little thinner which means they're more natural in appearance. We have had heat spikes on a small minority of clients - but only the same people who always get heat spikes.

My only gripes are #1. The pink builder is too pink - warm pink rather than a neutral colour which means we're making a lot more custom blended pinks with the clear. BUT I expect they'll roll out a range of builder pinks soonish.

Gripe #2. It sounds small but it's a bit annoying that the lids are badly designed. They get messy very easily & we're forever cleaning up the pots. The internal lid doesn't fit snugly & sort of wiggles about.

Gripe #3 is that 4 of our most recently ordered sets came with 2x white & the clear builder missing. These were all cellophane wrapped so obviously a factory production issue. Easily sorted by LB & we got freebies for our inconvenience - I love a freebie - so not really a gripe after all :D

All very small issues considering we're in the midst of a major change. I really am super happy - I didn't expect to find something better than Brisa.

Is Artistic Rock Hard any different to Gelish Hard Gel?

Yes. The consistency is thicker, the application process a bit different & the gel is a bit stronger.

As much as Gelish & Artistic are owned by the same parent company they are totally independent of each other. It's like Estee Lauder owning MAC & Bobbi Brown - their output is quite different.

Artistic's product overlap is with Jessica. Their gel polish collections are bought in from the same source. Their summer collections were 70% identical - not similar but identical - and there are a lot of duplicates between the 2 lines. Far, far more than between ACG & Gelish.

Clear brush on as base, then builder etc. We had our salon training last week & that's what we were told.

We have now placed orders for Artistic to phase out CND in all 4 salons. 2 have transitioned, 2 to go. It is my aspiration to be CND free in 1 week woooohooooo!!

100+ treatments & everyone is happy.

It IS harder than brisa, we seem to have less breakages & we can also make the enhancements a little thinner which means they're more natural in appearance. We have had heat spikes on a small minority of clients - but only the same people who always get heat spikes.

My only gripes are #1. The pink builder is too pink - warm pink rather than a neutral colour which means we're making a lot more custom blended pinks with the clear. BUT I expect they'll roll out a range of builder pinks soonish.

Gripe #2. It sounds small but it's a bit annoying that the lids are badly designed. They get messy very easily & we're forever cleaning up the pots. The internal lid doesn't fit snugly & sort of wiggles about.

Gripe #3 is that 4 of our most recently ordered sets came with 2x white & the clear builder missing. These were all cellophane wrapped so obviously a factory production issue. Easily sorted by LB & we got freebies for our inconvenience - I love a freebie - so not really a gripe after all :D

All very small issues considering we're in the midst of a major change. I really am super happy - I didn't expect to find something better than Brisa.

Hi Willowrose!
Thank you for your input. I have used Rock Hard tonight. I have put Shellac over the top, as still love it. It is going to interesting to see how my nails last over the week. Normally by Wednesday I have had at least one casualty, Friday will of list another 1-2. Always on my working hand! But sometimes on my non working hand! If I can get 2 FULL weeks out of this I am going to be a 100% fan.
Ill keep you posted?x

Hi Willowrose!
Thank you for your input. I have used Rock Hard tonight. I have put Shellac over the top, as still love it. It is going to interesting to see how my nails last over the week. Normally by Wednesday I have had at least one casualty, Friday will of list another 1-2. Always on my working hand! But sometimes on my non working hand! If I can get 2 FULL weeks out of this I am going to be a 100% fan.
Ill keep you posted?x

Please keep us posted I'm wry interested to hear the results of this and also the question has been asked but not yet answered
Is this any different to gelish hard gel ?? Xxx

TLC Lisa, I will I promise. I have not used Harmony products so do not know. Although if this one fails their next!x

TLC Lisa, I will I promise. I have not used Harmony products so do not know. Although if this one fails their next!x

Thanks Hun xx

Is this any different to gelish hard gel ?? Xxx

Post #23...

It is different in every way - consistency, strength, application...

Im now on day 10 of having Hard Rock Gel with Shellac over. No lifting, i haven't lost one either. I honestly cannot believe it! If they last until this weekend i will be ordering more stock. So far fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Im now on day 10 of having Hard Rock Gel with Shellac over. No lifting, i haven't lost one either. I honestly cannot believe it! If they last until this weekend i will be ordering more stock. So far fantastic!

Love the update look forward to the update by the weekend have you got pics ? Xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379418429.589865.jpg
This is my left hand and none working hand. Still looks fab. I have lost one this morning as i banged my nail and it split. That doesn't bother me as it was an accident! More updates at the end of the week.x

Oh I've never heard about this product. Where can you get if from and read more about application and removal?

Well I have been trained in the product and have only so far used it on myself and I have to says its been awesome. No heat spikes, it truly is "rock hard" and the look amazing, even after 2 weeks. I'm well impressed.

It's not as hard to file compaired to acrylic, it's thinner and looks more natural, it doesn't stink like acrylic either. Acrylic l&p make my fingers feel suffocated but i dont even feel like i have anything on them. I love it! Xxx

I feel the same. I honestly as loving this. I only put one coat of clear and one of clear building gel(with Shellac over) and I love it. Nothing even L&P has ever done this for me. I always try out on myself before clients too.x

I feel the same. I honestly as loving this. I only put one coat of clear and one of clear building gel(with Shellac over) and I love it. Nothing even L&P has ever done this for me. I always try out on myself before clients too.x

I do find it's better than l&p too. I'm chuffed its working great on u! Xxx

My first ever attempt at rockhard gel, I done these on myself then put artistic colour gloss on top. They aren't perfect but I was really chuffed with them and even now they look great, I have had to cut them down as they were far too long lol. Xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379507511.488876.jpg

My first ever attempt at rockhard gel, I done these on myself then put artistic colour gloss on top. They aren't perfect but I was really chuffed with them and even now they look great, I have had to cut them down as they were far too long lol. Xxx

View attachment 43140

These look great Hun xx

Thanks TLC Lisa 😊, I'm so in love with this product!! Xxx

How are they going now Hun ? Xxx

How are they going now Hun ? Xxx

Hi girls! Day 14, and they were fantastic! Just long! I have re-done my nails tonight as too long for( and a big apology as I forgot to take a photo) what I can tell you is that they were so long you could nearly see the whole of my half moon!
I am really pleased with them, they looked lovely the whole time I had them on. I have never used Artistic Colour over as I use Shellac. But if the whole range is this good they have a new fan! Will look and listen out for the L&P new range.

Latest posts

Back