ASAP tomorrow! Gel Fx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-youbeautifull

Reaction score
Quick and simple I have a client this is the second time she has come to me for Gel Nail Polish. The first time she came the odd one lifted near her cuticle which I sorted out simple however after a week they started to lift - so when she came for her second polish I put primer all over her nails? She rang me to do to say 4 have chipped on her tips? Now what could I possibly do to stop all this? Or is this product not for them? Thanks

What system of Gel polish are you using?
What training did you do in it, is the primer part of the system?
Are you able to contact your distributor/trainer to troubleshoot with them?
How are all of your other clients managing?

I also use gel fx and have had trouble with tips chipping far too quickly. Is it just this one client out of lots that you do that is chipping or is the system fairly new to you?

I found thoroughly cleansing the nail including under the free edge has helped, pay attention to this stage and be thorough, and when you apply primer make sure you leave it to air dry for a little while before base coat. This seems to have helped me.
You may find the product much harder to remove with primer all over the nail...

Last edited:
I cleaned my house with GelFX on my nails and did 3 removals without gloves and only after a few days did they start to chip.

Are you keeping your layers super thin? Dry brushing after base coat? Doing dry prep? Capping the ends?

I'm new to this system as well did u make sure u swiped the free edge to fully seal the nail? I remember the trainer saying this was an important stage.

Also when I first practised I was putting it on like shellac really thin (it chipped really easily on my sisters), it infact needs to be slightly thicker holding the brush horizontal to the nail and gliding it on.

Hope that makes sense lol

Quick and simple I have a client this is the second time she has come to me for Gel Nail Polish. The first time she came the odd one lifted near her cuticle which I sorted out simple however after a week they started to lift - so when she came for her second polish I put primer all over her nails? She rang me to do to say 4 have chipped on her tips? Now what could I possibly do to stop all this? Or is this product not for them? Thanks

Thankyou for all your great responces, and sorry for my late reply..
I did everything as people mentioned.. Half way through re-doing my ladys nails for free, she decided to say "they started to peel after i come out the swimming baths" so to warn all the people doing GelFX if you dont already know, swimming baths are not good for this system! x

Half way through re-doing my ladys nails for free, she decided to say "they started to peel after i come out the swimming baths" so to warn all the people doing GelFX if you dont already know, swimming baths are not good for this system! x

I don't think so, I swim twice a week for an hour, FX stays for 2 weeks with no chipping on me. And I can keep Shellac for maximum one week, so my nails are not easy to handle.

Latest posts

Back