Ash blonde keeps fading help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilypop106

Reaction score
Im 18 and for the last 2 years all ive wanted my hair colour to be is a Natural Ash Blonde maybe at the base of a 8 or 9!
Now ive been to two different salons. The first one didnt understand why i wanted a ash blonde lol and the one im at now is good she understands what hair colour i want looks at the chart and gives me a ash blonde but it last for a week and i start to see the ginger yellow tones coming through. Im more bothered about the ends because theyve been a browny orange colour for ages. I do have very long hair and im thinking about getting my hair cut because im getting so fed up with it fading in a week.
I had a ash blonde on my hair 3 weeks ago and this is a photo of my hair now.
http://i37.tinypic.com/w025qd.jpg
Sorry camera shy :p This is taken at night and does look different in different light it is more ash in the day but it does just look liek brown and blonde on top there and i hate it.
What im wanting to find out though mainly is how will i stop the ash blonde from fading? Ive heard toners work but what actually are these and where do i get one from? I bought Shimmer Lights from US its a purple shampoo and that helped the bleach go really white but did nothing for the ash. Ovbouisly i do still want blonde in my hair but i dont want it to be yellow i want know warm tones in my hair. Completly out would this ever work? Ive tryed permanent and semi-permanent ash colours but both still fade. I dont mind getting my hair done once a month but every 2 weeks thats not right is it? I have heard ash is very diffcuilt to achive should i just give up :l
And yeah i hear alot of people say ash blonde is boring but i think it reallys suits me as im quite pale and i love all the cool colours. So its what i really want!
Please help :)

Heya has the underneath of your hair been coloured or is that your natural colour underneath, it does look very dark, do you ask for a whole head of hi lights or half a head xxx

Hi that isnt my natural colour my natural colour is mousy blonde/brown! Or just mousy as some would say! Its not like that when its first dyed is a ash blonde then it goes to that browny gingery colour for some reason which i cant understand! I have half a head highlights but only a few and very thin!

Do you think its to dark for the ash to take? Should i bleach the ends first then put a ash or would that make it worse!

Last edited:
Im 18 and for the last 2 years all ive wanted my hair colour to be is a Natural Ash Blonde maybe at the base of a 8 or 9!
Now ive been to two different salons. The first one didnt understand why i wanted a ash blonde lol and the one im at now is good she understands what hair colour i want looks at the chart and gives me a ash blonde but it last for a week and i start to see the ginger yellow tones coming through. Im more bothered about the ends because theyve been a browny orange colour for ages. I do have very long hair and im thinking about getting my hair cut because im getting so fed up with it fading in a week.
I had a ash blonde on my hair 3 weeks ago and this is a photo of my hair now.
http://i37.tinypic.com/w025qd.jpg
Sorry camera shy :p This is taken at night and does look different in different light it is more ash in the day but it does just look liek brown and blonde on top there and i hate it.
What im wanting to find out though mainly is how will i stop the ash blonde from fading? Ive heard toners work but what actually are these and where do i get one from? I bought Shimmer Lights from US its a purple shampoo and that helped the bleach go really white but did nothing for the ash. Ovbouisly i do still want blonde in my hair but i dont want it to be yellow i want know warm tones in my hair. Completly out would this ever work? Ive tryed permanent and semi-permanent ash colours but both still fade. I dont mind getting my hair done once a month but every 2 weeks thats not right is it? I have heard ash is very diffcuilt to achive should i just give up :l
And yeah i hear alot of people say ash blonde is boring but i think it reallys suits me as im quite pale and i love all the cool colours. So its what i really want!
Please help :)

If you are not a salon proffesional you will not be able to purchase an ash toner.
Indola do a good colour mouse you apply when wet then blow dry,
or schwarzkopf do silver shampoo, mousse, shine spray and hairspray which you can get from your local chemist.
I work in a salon and my hair is bleached then i put a toner on to make it grey, I have to do this every 2 weeks!! it fades very fast!!
Maybe try not to wash your hair as much x

Thankou for that faye yeah i do wash my hair everyday but my hair gets so greasy and ive just got into that habit of doing that :l
But i will try those products.

Hi lilypop, It's probably because the ends still have a bit of stubborn colour left in,
and each time you try to lighten it , it brings out unnatural orangey tones which is masked at first by the ash ,
you could go to a hairdressers ask them to do some test pieces on the darker ends with bleach
because tint will not lift darker tint ,
then you will be able to see what the possibilitys are for getting the ends a bit lighter without ruining the condition hth :) x minky

Ok thankyou for that minky i am wondering now actually that the ends are quite dark and i should have them slightly bleach then have the ash back on the colour. Not to worried about the condition of the hair yet as i dont blowdry i wa**** every night and leave it to dry.

Ok thankyou for that minky i am wondering now actually that the ends are quite dark and i should have them slightly bleach then have the ash back on the colour. Not to worried about the condition of the hair yet as i dont blowdry i wa**** every night and leave it to dry.

Hi lilypop (love the name btw) :) you would need a hairdresser to do this as if the ends need an extra boost of bleach to get it lighter they may become more absorbent and the ash may grab and go too grey so this needs to be assesed carefully
done by someone who does colour correction ,
and I think lots of test pieces would be the forwards here
perhaps your local college have a level 3 night for colour correction .....
they are always looking for corrections like these and they are less expensive hth :) x minky

INDOLA SILVER SHAMPOO is brilliant for blondes that like it really ashy... use it mixed with your usual shampoo twice a week and it will take out any yellow / warm tones

x

Latest posts

Back