Ashy blonde??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helen16

Reaction score
hello all...
iv got a regular client who has had foils with me 4 a number of yrs an has always been happy with the result.. iv always used 12/1 kp.. an bleach alternate..very fine lites..but loads of foils,giving her quite a block blonde colour!!
Im back at work after having a baby an my client has been elsewhere while iv been on maternity leave.. shes returned with quite an ashy blonde,which i think is nice? but shes unhappy?she feels its very dull? wants the more creamy/pale yellow colour that id always given her?
heres my dilemma? puttin colour back in?? iv never been overly confident when it comes to the blonde shades? any ideas tips for gettin my client back to a 12/0 sort of result? i needed to use 12/1 in her foils as she has alot of natural warmth in her hair?
any help will be greatly apprieciated?? xx

Hi, Helen is this just to remove some of the ash ?

if so you could take some test pieces first and try them out for strength using the bleach , if the bleach cleans the ash out and the hair is ok to take it right through to the ends
(maybe using a colour releaser for the mid lengths and ends )

Then you could just put more extra bleached highlights through it all in the usual foils just to remove the ash :hug:

hi Minky!!
i did consider bleaching the ash out, my concern was that it would go more white than the creamy?my thinking was such blonde hi lites mixed with the ash?? i do think her hair is in good enough condition to do this,do you think some bleached hi lites will give her the "brighter" look she desires? by colour release..do you mean a mild bleach bath after doing her regrowth only? she told me she had an ash toner put thro after her foils as other hairdresser said was to brassy? but she could tell it seemed so much duller soon as the towel was removed..she says she just wants her old hair back? which worrys me!! lol x
thank you very much for yr help xxx

id do the regrowth as you used to do it , then apply a semi in like a 9.03 over the whole lot , or alternatively, maybe explain that it will take a while and do something like bleach , 12.1 and a 8.3 ( which as it wont be lifting so much on the root wont go orange/gold and will also tone down and add warmth to the ends )

Hi, standard colour releaser is a very low peroxide strength aound 1.9%
and will be milder to use on the already bleached hair
but will be able to strip away the ash tone

you could make it easy on youself by brightening up a few highlights for her at first perhaps just around the front area ,

once the normal bleach foils are nearly done on the roots
you could swap over to a low peroxide or colour releaser with bleach and open the selected foils and take this through to the ends

please do some test pieces first as this will show you the colour that you will get and take away any guess work for you hopefully you can leave it on just long enough to get the creamy colour back (it shouldnt take long)
and with careful timing it is possible as you will then know exactly how long to time it for to take the ash out of the ends
and you will be able to see the strength and condition of the hair and whether or not you will be able to take the bleach right through the ends

but if the test pieces go stretchy on the ends ( like spaghetti hair when wet )
and the condition isn't good I wouldn't do it ,
as it will brighten up eventually after a while anyways ,

I hope this made sense :hug: x minky

thank you very much Liana an Minky 4 your advice on this! Client booked in on Sat ! Ill let yous know how it went!! thanks again! great forum!! xx

Latest posts

Back