ASP Soak Off gels, feel like giving up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noisysmurf

Reaction score
Does anyone here use ASP Soak Off Gels in pots...??

I did my training with Sally's as it was most convienient for me so i use the ASP Gels but i'm struggling!

I've had clear gel on my nails which i put on weeks ago and is still on.... i've done three sets since mine on friends/family and the gel has peeled off within a week... why??!!

Some of the colours i have are quite washy so they have asked for 3 coats to darken the colour... so i do base coat (i have heard of dry-brushing should i do this after curing? How?) then 2-3 coats of colour then clear top coat

Shrinkage is also a problem...How do you all cap the free edge? i was just told to drag down over the edge?

Feeling really despondant at the moment, as i'v trained in hard gel extensions too and don't get enough practice to be able to charge for them :/

i've done all this training to try and add a lil bit more income as i'm a stay at home mum and i feel like i have wasted a lot of money in this training when i'm obviuosly rubbish!

Can anybody offer any advice please? As if i start charging money to do this professionally i'm going to end up refunding people when the nails don't even last a week!

I know alot of you use the more popular brands... should i give up on ASP and try Gelish, Shellac or something more well known???

Thanks for reading

x

Sorry to hear you're feeling so despondent hun :hug:

I'm only a beginner myself so can't really point you in the right direction, but just thought it worth mentioning that another geek (Babezone I think?) had a bad experience with ASP training through Sally's recently and she reported them to Trading Standards I believe, in the hope of getting a refund. So might be worth dropping her a PM to see whether she got anywhere?

Sorry to hear you're feeling so despondent hun :hug:

I'm only a beginner myself so can't really point you in the right direction, but just thought it worth mentioning that another geek (Babezone I think?) had a bad experience with ASP training through Sally's recently and she reported them to Trading Standards I believe, in the hope of getting a refund. So might be worth dropping her a PM to see whether she got anywhere?

Oh right, thanks hun i will
xx

I'd say definitely try gelish instead. Its not a huge start up cost i think the lamp is usually the most expensive but I got the pro 45 mini one, plus the training at sallys is about £100. When i did my mani/pedi cert the rep was pushing for us to try asp gels instead of training in gelish but to be honest the quality in my opinion was no where near as good. I dont know anything about shellac but the training seems amazing and everyone seems to be super successful in their business with it.

I had all those problems with thay brand and ended up swapping to nouveoa nail gel

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Hi I did the exact same training with ASP and felt the same as you but after a while and after I had done the soak off training as well its all going ok! Have you stirred the colour gels before applying?? That's a mistake I made I thought the same as you they were very transparent and needed loads of coats, once you've stirred it properly the colours are much better it gets the colour pigments moving so try that. And the same as any gel system with regard to pealing etc you need to do a good thorough nail prep, and practice practice practice. Hope this helps some.xxx

Hi, i to am new, been doing nails since around october last year. I have used the asp soak off gel, and find it a very good soak off gel, can last 6 weeks on toes and two to three weeks on fingers, you just got to make sure the prep is done correctly, and that you dont touch the side walls, and cap the free edge, even if your doing it for friends, you still need to charge, maybe just £5 to cover your own costs. Also sometimes soak off gel does not suit everyone, and if the client has a really weak nail bed this can cause lifting and the nail is so thin, if this is the case, file the nail sort, so less chance of lifting or breaking, hope this helps

hiya, asp is a very cheap gel and lots have problems with it. i know you have had training but you really need to think about investing in some decent training and quality products. i dont say this lightly hun as i have been there....over the years i have wasted so much time and money on cheaper training and products but it wasnt until i paid for decent training and products that my confidence finally grew as well as my business.

the better training i have had has been with bio sculpture and cnd and the products speak for themselves.

hth x

just to show you the difference....my auntie lives 300 miles away and when she was visiting i did her nails with bio sculpture, they lasted over 4 weeks with no problems before she started to lose a couple, at 7 weeks she still had a few on!!obviously i don't recommend this!! anyway she went and had some done in a local hairdressers who use asp, she went back twice in 2 days as they kept falling off!!

Ive found exactly the same thing with ASP, i did all my training with them and I wasn't happy at all, the trainer didn't even know that she was supposed to be teaching us gel and acrylic extensions! The gel polishes are very very thin and and look wishy washy when applied. I made a colour wheel of them all and put the OPI colours on aswell and the difference was unbelievable, the ASP looked like it had one coat on compared the OPI. Ive now retrained with OPI for the gel polish and I am retraining with CND for gel and acrylic extensions and even though it is more expensive in the short term I really feel like its the best thing to do. I don't regret training with ASP because everyone has to start somewhere and you have no way of knowing what is good and what isn't until you try it yourself. Try making a fb page asking for models and charge £10 to cover your cost, that is what I did and I got loads of appointments but remeber that this time of year is bad for nail techs with kids being off school so parents are busy looking after them and all the money goes on holidays etc. I also find that im inundated for appointments one week and then i'll have one appointment the next x

I would also be interested in speaking to babezone(??) in regards to her sallys complaint as I might also be interested in making a complaint x

Does anyone here use ASP Soak Off Gels in pots...??

I did my training with Sally's as it was most convienient for me so i use the ASP Gels but i'm struggling!

I've had clear gel on my nails which i put on weeks ago and is still on.... i've done three sets since mine on friends/family and the gel has peeled off within a week... why??!!

Some of the colours i have are quite washy so they have asked for 3 coats to darken the colour... so i do base coat (i have heard of dry-brushing should i do this after curing? How?) then 2-3 coats of colour then clear top coat

Shrinkage is also a problem...How do you all cap the free edge? i was just told to drag down over the edge?

Feeling really despondant at the moment, as i'v trained in hard gel extensions too and don't get enough practice to be able to charge for them :/

i've done all this training to try and add a lil bit more income as i'm a stay at home mum and i feel like i have wasted a lot of money in this training when i'm obviuosly rubbish!

Can anybody offer any advice please? As if i start charging money to do this professionally i'm going to end up refunding people when the nails don't even last a week!

I know alot of you use the more popular brands... should i give up on ASP and try Gelish, Shellac or something more well known???

Thanks for reading

x

Hey first of all you are not rubbish!!

But you are not working with a quality product and this may well be the problem.

I appreciate that money may be a difficulty but you should ask for all your birthday and christmas presents to be cash and save up to get yourself on the CND course.

I am not CND trained but I do use CND's Shellac (power polish) in my salon and it is an amazing product. I also use Bio-Sculpture (soak off gel) which is another quality product. CND are possibly the best nail training company anywhere in the world. Big statement but that is my opinion.

Not sure if any of this will help you at all, but even if you dismiss all that I have suggested remember that you are not rubbish xxx

Latest posts

Back