Aspiring Nail Technician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilCheekyMonkey

Reaction score
Hi, this is my very first post!
I'm saving my pennies to do the CND natural and acrylic course. I'd like to become a mobile tech. If anyone has any advice for setting up my business or any advice on how I can pre-train, any kits or books that can give me some help before I do my course that would be splendid!

:) Emma xx

Hello

There is a wealth of information on starting up here. If you do a search, you will find loads!

Obviously your training will provide you with the best foundation to build on, but in regards to books/pre training, I'd suggest Nail Class by Gigi Rouse. There are also a few geeks on here who post video tutorials on You Tube. Off the top of my head, I know Divine by Design but sure there are others who are excellent.

Hope this is of some help to you and best of luck.

xx

Thanks! That's really helpful. I can't wait to start practicing. So glad I found this site, so much useful advice!

Thanks! That's really helpful. I can't wait to start practicing. So glad I found this site, so much useful advice!

Also look up Fingernail fixer on you tube. she has loads of videos to start learning and get ideas.

Thanks for all the tips and advice guys! Will def be having a look at fingernail fixer on YouTube :)

Hi there

From experience the 3 top books I was recommended to get / read pre and during my training were 1) Doug Schoon Nail Structure and Product Chemistry Second Edition 2) Marian Newman The Complete Nail Technician 3rd edition and 3) as already mentioned, Gigi Rouse Nail Class

They are a super :) x

Hi there

From experience the 3 top books I was recommended to get / read pre and during my training were 1) Doug Schoon Nail Structure and Product Chemistry Second Edition 2) Marian Newman The Complete Nail Technician 3rd edition and 3) as already mentioned, Gigi Rouse Nail Class

They are a super :) x

Have to agree all excellent books

Latest posts

Back