Astounded by what I have just seen

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glamourboutique

Reaction score
Is this even allowed is it legal I have just seen this on Facebook an this is in my area. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386077334.727313.jpgi won't name as I'm not that horrible but a fiver a set taught my self !!!!!!!!!!!! SCARY

There's a girl in my area, exactly the same. Disappeared after 2 months funnily enough! Crazy!!! Xx

I see things on forums about it but it's quite shocking when you see it in your own area. I mean why would people do this to them selves.

A girl in my area does this also. She just started offering acrylics. She even asked a client of mine how much I charged her. I told her she could ask me not try to get it from someone else. I called her out not having a license saying if she really wanted to pursue nails to get qualified and go to school. She got DEFENSIVE asking who I thought I was and who am I to say she didn't have them. Then I told her I saw where she told someone she didn't and her name isn't on the state database. Haha. I just left it at that. She hasn't promoted much anymore since then

Oh dear! Shocking but don't worry about it too much, she's not exactly competition. You wouldn't want the type of clients that she'll get anyway x

Why worry about these people? They're not your competition if you're well qualified and producing good quality nails. She might go on to get the bug, realise she needs to train to get beautiful long lasting nails and become a decent technician in time. Or she might realise it's harder than it looks and give in. In the meantime more fool her and her clients. All that time, product and effort for a fiver? Pfft. Concentrate on your own work, these people will come and go.

I just can't believe it. I've only been in nails a year and I've worked my bum off to start building a client base but I can't believe that x

I think it's just the fact that regardless of me doin nails I just can't believe people would do that to themselves. Self taught I mean it scares me the damage that could be caused. Maybe I'm just naive but I am shocked xxx

They usually disappear chick ;-) loads in my area too then I get s call can you sort my nails out plz ;-) we win in the end dont fret xx

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why worry about these people? They're not your competition if you're well qualified and producing good quality nails. She might go on to get the bug, realise she needs to train to get beautiful long lasting nails and become a decent technician in time. Or she might realise it's harder than it looks and give in. In the meantime more fool her and her clients. All that time, product and effort for a fiver? Pfft. Concentrate on your own work, these people will come and go.

Yes!

I honestly can't see why this is so shocking it's been happening forever it's just that we hear about it more now because people use social networking rather than old fashioned word of mouth to advertise. Worrying about them is a waste of time. If/when this one gives up another one will pop up in her place.

I think it's just the fact that regardless of me doin nails I just can't believe people would do that to themselves. Self taught I mean it scares me the damage that could be caused. Maybe I'm just naive but I am shocked xxx

I honestly don't think people realise what's involved. These are the people who have been to people like you who make it look easy ;):lol:

I have had my nails badly damaged by a fully trained beauty therapist, spa manager and she now has her own business. It's not just the untrained that can cause damage.

Think that's probably why it's shocked me. I got into nails as people are ignorant to good service and procedures. My mum went to an nss about ten years ago took me as a mum and daughter treat. She has lost all of her nails and they will never grow back. They grow a little crack crumble. Surrounding skin areas swell etc it's aweful an painful. An it upsets me when I see posts like that as people don't know the damage that can be caused

Happens in my area too....2 girls best mates one does acrylic one does gel £5 a set

Happens in my area too....2 girls best mates one does acrylic one does gel £5 a set

What's the point even getting out of bed for that kind of money lol silly girls

I noticed one on my facebook ages ago. In fact a mutual friend invited me to like the page. I don't worry about it - looking at the pics if people are happy to have awful nails like the ones I've seen then let them go to these people. Why waste time & energy worrying about it just concentrate on being the best you can. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

She is better off getting a job in tesco. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Agree this is not one to worry about, but I do feel this type of "dabbler" doesn't do our industry as a whole much good.

Latest posts

Back