Attempted theft of my mobile phone!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri

Reaction score
I think that I am the kind of girl that's a bit street wise, you know the kind that is a little sharp and aware of the dodgey things that go on. I've had to have a re-think today.

A really good friend invited me out for lunch today, we went to a lovely restuarant in Brighton called the Havana, no soon had we sat down and ordered a glass of wine a small boy and a 24 year old bloke(aprx) approached us from either side of our table, speaking in a language we didn't understand and waving a piece of paper in front of our faces saying how they were poor, had 4 brothers and so on, obviously wanting money.

The waitress starting shouting at them telling the boys to leave us alone and then I heard "Oh No, no, no, not her phone!!" What I didn't realise with all the commotion is that the paper was shielding my view of my mobile which was on the table (as my partner said he'd call me about that time), the 11 year old boy had took it and the waitress spotted him and took it back off him. They shot off pretty quick and the mangeress called the police.

I just cannot believe the cheek of some people but apparently this happens alot.

I will be leaving my mobile tucked in my handbag safe in future.

Teri x:hug:

aww teri that is awful hun, i hope you are ok, not to shook up, at least they stopped them, what an awful workld we live in eh, cant even go out for lunch in peace :hug: xxxx

OMG you never think it's gonna happen to you either. I leave my stuff all over the place and just expect people to be honest and not evil little pinchers!!! xxx:hug:

oh hun

so sorry to hear this

at least they didn't get away with it

aww teri that is awful hun, i hope you are ok, not to shook up, at least they stopped them, what an awful workld we live in eh, cant even go out for lunch in peace :hug: xxxx

I'm fine, just a bit shocked really at the nerve of some people, I actually felt sorry for them :grr: and it all happened so quick!

At least the waitress spotted it and got it back for me. I made sure she got a big tip and lunch was gorgeous, tiger prawns, chorizo and saffron risotto. :lick:

aww well one good turn deserves another hun, so i bet you made her day with the big tip, and your lunch sounds gorgeous (well apart from the fact im allrgic to prawns pmsl) glad you enjoyed it after the shock hun xxxxx

that is awful, thank god the slimy sods didnt get away with it xxx

Thieving bar stewards... hope they get caught and 'nicked' xx

Thieving bar stewards... hope they get caught and 'nicked' xx

The police lady said that there are 800 cctv cameras round and about Brighton Town Centre :eek: (better behave then :green: ) and because of the way they looked they shouldn't be hard to find.

We did have a camera pointing directly on us in the restuarant but the mangeress didn't know how to turn it on :eek: , so no footage there.

It's actually beginning to make my blood boil thinking about it, I nearly gave them some money as I felt guilty eating in an expensive resturant and they had nothing.

I'm gonna toughen right up now, just call me RAMBO!!

shocking that they have kids now on the ROB:cry:

God where are peeps morals?

shocking that they have kids now on the ROB:cry:
When MIL came to stay with us the year before last we were out clothes shopping in a shopping centre in the city, we were there mooching around as you do... there was a woman pushing a toddler in a pushchair, she bumped into MIL and when we got to the till to pay for her clothes her purse had gone and new glasses gone too, the only way they'd have been able to get it out of her bag would have a been a childs hand...
obviously the one in the blasted pushchair... :eek:
The hassle that followed was untrue, trying to cancel credit cards, reporting it at the police station for the insurance company, ruining our day etc
It makes me mad, they cause so much more grief than just taking our possessions!

I actually came across something similar today in my salon. I had finished a client consultation, and the lady had her little girl with her - she sounded foreign - couldn't quite work out what - but anyway, we finished the consultation and I went to get my diary to book her appointment.

As she got up to leave, and tried to round up her little girl to get her back in the pushchair, she lifted the little girls coat out of the pushchair, and underneath were 4 scented nail files and a small tube of handcream :eek:

The little girl had obviously tried to hide the items without being seen, and ACTUALLY managed to do it! I was gobsmacked, as the girl couldn't have been more than 4! Where did she learn that I asked myself, I just glared at the mother, and told her to give back the items and leave, oh, and her appointment was cancelled too!

This child had obviously picked this up from somewhere, its just shocking. The mother wasn't in the slightest bit embarrassed either.

Latest posts

Back