Attending clients weddings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
I get a lot of brides who invite me to their evening do and I always feel like I should say no as I don't want to intrude on their day.

What is the etiquette? Should we go? How do you answer?

It's sooo lovely to get asked and always makes me really happy but I just never know what to do?? X

I get a lot of invites too and I always go for an hour to show my face :)

Really? Maybe I should then.
Do you take a present? (Or just hand out a load of business cards? Lol lol) xx

I get asked to attend the evening doo, and usually go for an hour as i see it as potential clients might be there. I always take a card ;-) and always drive so no chance of being tempted with having a drink

Don't you need to take a present when you attend a wedding? Even for just the evening do? If so, it could become a very expensive habit. I don't know what the etiquette is to be honest, I've never been to one where I only attend the evening do.

Anyway, I wouldn't go but that's just me. I hate the idea of a room full of people who mostly all know each other, partying away and then me just on my lonesome. I'm not confident enough to start chatting to strangers.

I'd go and give a card as a voucher for a post wedding treatment!xx

:irked:
It's so hard. I'd hate not knowing anyone but like its been said its a potential network opportunity. And I'd feel I need to take a present, which even a gift voucher will start adding up. Maybe I'll keep making my excuses for now

I don't take any vouchers or freebee's, I just take a card for the bride and groome. By showing my face, potentials can get a look at me and it add's to a recommendation from that bride ( name to a face). It works for me and I always take a couple of business cards with me. X

Yes, I agree, I always wonder whether my wedding make up clients are inviting me out of politeness and whether I should go. I do go to some of the weddings, and tend to give a voucher for a free make up session or lesson as a gift, as buying gifts can get expensive if one goes to lots of weddings!
I think if one used ones gut feeling as to whether the client really wants you to go, that's a good guide.
Another idea is to offer to do the ''later on make up touch up'' for free, as a wedding gift.

Yes, I agree, I always wonder whether my wedding make up clients are inviting me out of politeness and whether I should go. I do go to some of the weddings, and tend to give a voucher for a free make up session or lesson as a gift, as buying gifts can get expensive if one goes to lots of weddings!
I think if one used ones gut feeling as to whether the client really wants you to go, that's a good guide.
Another idea is to offer to do the ''later on make up touch up'' for free, as a wedding gift.

That sounds lovely but I don't do make up :/ lol
I do the nails, tans and lashes xx

Latest posts

Back