*Attending first "Show" :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladygold

Reaction score
** I'm SO excited, this Sunday a few of us Nail Students are going to our First "Show" and will be Creative/Opi demo's :green: We get to use the hours too towards "credit" in school - how great, I can't Wait !!

Thats fantastic hun,
Good luck, you'll have a great time

Bloss

:rolleyes: Well the Show was quite a let-down! Cost $43 (US dollars) to get in , then there was only one small conference room for the Nail Courses w/one small tv set to tape what the instructor was working on at the table and only Creative & Opi. So if you were stuck in the back (like us) and I'm short anyway you couldn't see, good thing I already had tapes on like the Brisa Gel demo so I pretty much knew what they were doing. But then where they had the location for purchasing Products (only a small selection of Creative & Opi and that was it) :irked: They didn't have hardly Anything for the Nail Techs to see/purchase, NO brushes (which I wanted to see about getting a Creative one). So all in all Very disappointing to us, it was set up for mostly Hair industry folks, if I would have known this we wouldn't have spent the money/time/day off to attend :mad:

:rolleyes: Well the Show was quite a let-down! Cost $43 (US dollars) to get in , then there was only one small conference room for the Nail Courses w/one small tv set to tape what the instructor was working on at the table and only Creative & Opi. So if you were stuck in the back (like us) and I'm short anyway you couldn't see, good thing I already had tapes on like the Brisa Gel demo so I pretty much knew what they were doing. But then where they had the location for purchasing Products (only a small selection of Creative & Opi and that was it) :irked: They didn't have hardly Anything for the Nail Techs to see/purchase, NO brushes (which I wanted to see about getting a Creative one). So all in all Very disappointing to us, it was set up for mostly Hair industry folks, if I would have known this we wouldn't have spent the money/time/day off to attend :mad:

What a shame that it was a let down for you and you were so excited about going.

Sounds like you need a trip over here to one of the shows, you won't be disappointed over here if you attend one of the big events like Gmex in Manchester in october or Excel in March in London next year. With flights as cheap as they are now come and have a girly weekend in the uk :) x

*~* Don't "tempt" me:confused: I heard that they have really good ones in las Vegas but I don't have the time/money to be able to go to something like those for Awhile :hug:

I've been to many shows in the USA and I have to say, that when you compare Excel or Düsseldorf shows to the US ones ... they are a hundred times better than the shows I have attended in the USA.

I am sorry US peeps but it is the case. The stands, the classes, the display of products etc etc is just so much better in Europe generally. When I went to the NY show a few years ago thinking it was going to be out of this world because it was New York ... I was bitterly disappointed. It was like a street bazaar!!

*~* I fear you might be right Geegs, one of my school instructors (who has her masters in CND) was telling us last week about her trips to Europe etc. and how Wonderful it all was for gals in the Nail industry :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back