Aussie geeks advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam1

Reaction score
I need your help. I've decided to take the next step and rent a shop of my own so I can expand but I have know idea of what to do.I've got a heap of links for small biz and workplace related sites but I'd love some advice from those who have done it,currently doing it or anyone that can give any advice(sorry must be aussie related).Thanks in advance

Sorry no use to you in terms of advice but I wish you all the luck in the world:):hug::)

thanks.Any aussies???

Sorry, I've always worked from home. What is it you need advise about?

do plenty of research, get some money behind you for the hard times, get a good accountant, and get fabulous premises with a decent lease that isn't gonna drain your finances too much

Better tell the whole story, went to look at a salon today that is for sale, good location in the city but its not much bigger than what I have and she wants imo way too much for it so we got to thinking how much would it cost to start from scratch with a shop of my own.I've got a empty shop 2 doors down from where I am that would be big enough to allow for expansion.I could afford the rent by myself but life would be much easier if I had at least one other person with me. I've starting reading up on small business stuff,tax etc but I'm completely in the dark when it comes to wages,super etc.Whats the best way to get staff? Are there any business incentive schemes that other have used to get going? How did you go about getting shop fitters(the shop I'm looking at used to be a take away). I suppose I'd like to know how others got going.

being in the USA, it will be a differant outlook I would think, don't know for sure. but, what I know from personal experance, I can tell you. First, I always made sure that all expenses could be made by me & me alone. I will not depend on anyone else to help me with the bills. Even tho, they may or may not be on the lease, they can still run & leave you holding the whole thing. I would not take out a biz loan, if for some reason you can't make it, you are still the one to pay it back even after you close the door. We all have grand ideas, & think it won't happen, but ya never know what the day will bring ( or not lol). I just know ppl can't be trusted, & you need to watch out for #1!! I have been burned to many times, to just forget about it. I for one, can't deal with other ppl's drama, & their problems, its to much. I find I am much happier in the workplace, when I can be happy & up, & want to run things my way. With out someone else telling me, how they think things should be lol This is just my way, I feel I can be more productive. I would like to interact with other techs, but, I also find, its not long till there are issues.
If you keep looking you will find a spot that is very affordable, keep your overhead low, & be a penny pincher lol

I wish you great luck, its a grand day when you are in control of your own biz! :hug:

Latest posts

Back