Average Pay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch4rli3

Reaction score
I am interested to know what other therapists earn per hour. I know this is probably a bit personal and it obviously depends on qualifications etc......

The reason being, is I am qualified in NVQ level 2 and 3 and have been for five years and I am also qualified in Indian head Massage and quite a lot more....

I have found out that my hourly wage is the same as a receptionist that works at the same place as me and she is currently training in Nail extensions and is not qualified in any beauty treatments!!

Obviously I was a bit annoyed to hear this, as I don't understand how it can be worked out that she is payed the same wage as me, yet I carry out treatments etc ...... ?

At the hotel where im leaving £5.62 the same as the pot washer and cleaner :smack:, iv done level 3, nails, nail art, loads of other stuff. Cant wait to go mobile and not feel used

i work at a hotel and its £6.14...which is pretty good i thought.. had to fight to get the pay rise though, other therapists were on minimum wage for years!

It was the poor pay that eventually led me to self-employed work! I was quite happy when I first qualified as they were taking a risk on a newly qualified & male therapist (it was 12 years ago when male therapists were more of an oddity!), and they were providing me with training etc. However, after a few years of earning a couple of quid when they're charging £40 to £50 I started to get a bit annoyed, and as they wouldn't raise my wages I went self-employed renting a place on a % basis, taking home about £20 an hour. Now I have my own salon & I still earn about £20 to £30 per working hour.

Latest posts

Back