Awful at nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxAmyxx

Reaction score
I'm awful at nail art, does this matter? I feel like using konad is cheating, is it?x

Have u been on a nail art course?

Lol Konad is not cheating.
I do stamping, freehand and do effects like pigment gradients and use gems, mini stars (from primark might i add, bargain at a couple of quid!)

My clients are always amazed when i do stamping, they're like "Woha, cool!" :)

Do what you can do xx

I'm awful at nail art, does this matter? I feel like using konad is cheating, is it?x

I used to think that stamping is cheating, but if you have a look at some of the stamping groups out there, some of their work is really amazing!

All it is with nail art is practice...and everyone has a different view on what they like as nail art - glitter, foils, street art (graffiti), dotting, stripping, one stroke, portraits, stamping, gems, feathers, decals. I'm sure if you had a really good play you'll find something that you're good at and enjoy.

Good luck x

Being good at nail art is a matter of practice, practice practice! Be willing to experiment and improve on your 'failures' :) Courses and YouTube tutorials are also good

By the way, I personally don't think stamping is cheating - it also takes practice to get stamping right, and depending on the design, can be quite difficult. Stamping is also a way of getting consistency, and your client knows that when they pick something, that is what they are going to get.

Good luck!

Try watching YouTube videos. There's a lot of people on there who show you how to do simple designs. I'm learning the techniques first before attempting the more advanced stuff x

You could just practice one thing, like one stroke flowers or roses, or paw prints and just do that one thing as the more you practice the easier it becomes. It will boost your confidence to move on.

But there's nothing wrong with konad or decals etc. :D

Using konad itself is an art to me!
I'm awful at Konad if it makes you feel any better :biggrin:

Thanks everyone, think I will give konad a go and keep practising, I think I need to try easier nail art first though x

Latest posts

Back