BA or FDA

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah101

Reaction score
Hey guys !
Just wondering has anyone taken a beauty/spa management degree ba or fda in either university of Derby , university college Birmingham, barnfield College or Newcastle college ! Let me know please would you recommended and what did the course entail. thanks

I had a manager who had this degree (the BSc in spa something from Derby). Her management skills were amazing. Lovely person with excellent people skills. That was definitely more about her as a person, however, I think a lot of employees had a lot of respect for someone who really knew what they were doing (compared to say some spa managers who perhaps get promoted out of their depth by default of having been at the spa for so long).

The course itself included working with elemis products (although not the official elemis product training) and massage and facials. Training in other skills such as reflexology, waxing, mani, pedi had to be sourced elsewhere though.

It is a very subject specific degree and if you were to do a vtct level four diploma in spa management it would probably open the same doors for you in the spa industry whilst not ruling you out of being able to get a student loan if you wished to study something different to spa/beauty at uni in the future. Also with the vtct level four in salon management, some colleges offer units in advanced beauty treatments so you can end up learning more skills for less money.

Than
I had a manager who had this degree (the BSc in spa something from Derby). Her management skills were amazing. Lovely person with excellent people skills. That was definitely more about her as a person, however, I think a lot of employees had a lot of respect for someone who really knew what they were doing (compared to say some spa managers who perhaps get promoted out of their depth by default of having been at the spa for so long).

The course itself included working with elemis products (although not the official elemis product training) and massage and facials. Training in other skills such as reflexology, waxing, mani, pedi had to be sourced elsewhere though.

It is a very subject specific degree and if you were to do a vtct level four diploma in spa management it would probably open the same doors for you in the spa industry whilst not ruling you out of being able to get a student loan if you wished to study something different to spa/beauty at uni in the future. Also with the vtct level four in salon management, some colleges offer units in advanced beauty treatments so you can end up learning more skills for less money.

Thank you !
Do you have any reccomedations of good places for studying vtct level 4 ?

See what your local colleges offer because it's becoming more popular. Failing that a Google frenzy can bring up some private training providers. If you go with a training provider who just offers the theory based units you may be able to do it distance learning.

Latest posts

Back